United Kingdom, England, Britain, Great Britain, what's the difference?

A Kiwi is a New Zealander not an Australian. Pom is an Australian’s disparaging term for a British person. There are various explanations given for it’s origin, and this site gives a discussion of some of them. Maybe an Aussie will be along in a minute to give you some more.

This site and this one might clear it up for you.

Whoops, I realise that apostrophe shouldn’t be there. And while I’m here, we don’t drink our beer warm or boil all our food etc. etc. There have been lots of threads about all this stuff.

For the reason I already mentioned - English MPs and English concerns dominate the UK governmental institutions, and England has not found it necessary to seek a devolved government to have its concerns properly addressed in its own interests at a UK level. They find the outcome of UK government decisions as they affect England broadly satisfactory. If they didn’t, there would be signficant agitation for devolution in England.

USA is the United States of America, of course. North America includes the countries of Canada and the USA (including Alaska). America is the same as the USA, but several countries in South America also have united states under one federation. Central America is the isthmus connecting North and South America.

North America also includes Mexico.

I visited Guernsey about a year ago. The Channel Islands are Baliwicks. They have their own governments and Guernsey had its own currency. You could spend British money in Guernsey, but Guernsey money was no good in Britain. It seems that not all the Channel Islands have the same status, either.

Today, Sark retains the last remaining feudal constitution in the Western world; neither part of the United Kingdom nor European Union, yet not a sovereign state either.

The Channel Island are not part of the European Community even though the rest of the United Kingdom is. I am not sure about the status of the Isle of Man regarding the EU.

The Channel Islands are not even a part of the United Kingdom.

The Isle of Man is not a part of the United Kingdom and is not a member of the EU.

North America is all the countries from Panama north to Canada. Central America is a subset of North America.