US military deaths, Iraq

Where is your proof about the “brink of victory”?

Perhaps you mistake what I said. I said that The United States was on the “brink of victory” when Tricky Dick pulled the plug on the war in Vietnam. That is not “proof”. This is what is called an “opinion”. What you want is “evidence”.

Ok, go back in time and observe events as they unfold before, during, and just after the Vietnamese war. Observe them with a honest and open mind. Read books. Next, fill your post bellum years with a million thoughts integrating abstracted information about the war and the war’s relationship to the collective behavior of mankind into your mind system. Pray that you have a good mind system.

Then we still might not agree but at least I’d have someone to talk to.

So when did Tricky Dick pull the plug ?

BTW Its called the Straight Dope… not the My Dope…

Huh? Your evidence is that you saw it on TV and read some books? Or you were a grunt and read some books afterwards?

Your evidence is worth even less than your opinion, if that’s at all possible.

My fault … I thought we need evidence when we claim something in Greate Debates, but perhaps not?

Got an interesting number in the Newsweek Magazine. (thou the internet version didnt put up the little box with info in it.)

It puts the number of poftconflict deaths in several countries and peacekeeping missions:

Occupied Germany from 1946 to 1947: 45 only
Occupied Japan 46-47 Zero (hhmm wierd)
Bosnia and Kosovo 96-97 & 00-01 Zero
Haiti 95-96 4

Iraq I think it hit 118 today… still going. So Iraq is pretty nasty. Not a “normal” occupation.