US taxpayers funding the pimping of eight year old boys as sex slaves in Afghanistan

that bachu bazi shit is fucking crazy. What the fuck.

Is that a bachu bazi song? Or the final last words of a bachu bazi?

Considering past events such as the missing $9 billion that evaporated somewhere in Iraq in 2003 and 2004, or the very recent Louis Berger case in Afghanistan, can I ask how you reach that conclusion?

Ah, well that’s ok then.

I once worked for Dyncorp (now owned by CSC, I believe - at least, it got purchased several years ago).

Yes, they’ve had some “issues,” but these come up when you send folks overseas. I’m not defending anyone related to kid-trafficking, but just saying that being a an employee of company XYZ doesn’t mean you’re a good or bad person.

BTW - DynCorp, where’s employee stock payout, you pricks?

Can you advise if the use of issues in quote marks is referring to the sex slave ring in Bosnia, or the child buggery incident here.

It’s seldom I can hold the oil industry up as an example of morality but we seem to be able to send people to lots of overseas destinations without viewing that behaviour as par for the course.

I’ve heard a lot about Afghanistan and the dancing boys. This is what comes of a culture where interaction between the sexes is so regulated…I guess. It seems monstrous, of course, and this is horrific.

And he didn’t take “money from the petty cash and go and buy a streetwalker”. Did you even read the article?

The hundreds of thousands of government contractors that DON’T engage in fraud. “Doesn’t happen much” =/= “Doesn’t ever happen.”

If a party to recruit… er… recruits is legitimate, then passing on the expense is equally legitimate, and doesn’t concern us. If the sex was paid for and billed to the government, it’s fraud. If the sex was paid for and NOT billed to the government, then it’s not money from the taxpayers; it’s money from the company.

Neither. The company.

As to your first point, it may indeed be fraud, but I don’t see how this is such a huge, incredible level of fraud that it renders the idea of the cost being passed onto the government unbelievable.

As to your second point, if the party to entertain recruits is legitimate, and all the legitimate expenses are passed on to the government, but the company picks up the special underage anal sex entertainment on their own dime…that’s still not analagous to a federal worker soliciting prostitutes on his own time with his own money.

If this practice has been normal in Afghanistan for so long, then there must be a lot of adult men who once were bacha boys. Has anyone studied how they feel about it now, whether it is a horrible or a pleasant memory to them, what lasting psychological effect it has had on them, etc.?

The first article linked in the OP says, “bacha bazi is a pre-Islamic Afghan tradition that was banned by the Taliban.” That would make it at least twelve centuries old . . . And the U.S., by deposing the Taliban, allowed it to be resumed. Unintended consequences, y’know.

Are you trolling or stupid?

A company financed by the US, rapes children while acting on US interests and than attempts to use US diplomatic pressure to keep it hush hush, and this is not being enabled by US money collected from tax payers, how?

If tax payers had not financed that company’s operations would it have had the funds to rape children?

$9 billion missing in a 2 year period. Let me guess, it’s just a tiny, tiny minority of contractors who are managing to scam on a fucking impressive level, right?

That would be the company that receives 95% of its income from the US government.

Does that mean that only 95% of the child buggery was funded by the US government, or do you feel they ringfenced specific funds from the other 5% of income perhaps?

Don’t expect a real answer to this, by the way. I personally now believe that Bricker’s account got hacked a few months ago by an ultra-radical wing of the RNC. Bricker used to be a reasonable guy, conservative sure, but reasonable. Lately, there’s not a 'Pubbie dick he won’t suck no matter who’s ass it’s been in.

The “issue” I was referring to was in South America. It was about 8 years ago or so. Colombia/Ecuador.

There are lots of companies out there receiving 100% of their income from the government. That doesn’t make them bad companies. It makes them customized service providers.

You don’t need a (formerly) Blackwater retired SF guy to do security at the local Exxon. You do need one at a firebase, if you don’t have adequate resources on-hand to do the job.

Heh. “On hand to do the job” = handjob. Yes, Part of my brain is still 13.

Scratch 5 years off, and you’d be hired at the next bachu bazi party.