Vanity, Thy Name is License Plate

ARGH. Sometimes I also have difficulty rembering to put “ing” on my verbs!

Alrite i giv up triing to spel gud!

If a vanity plate is fun and clever, I approve. I saw someone who had a Honda, but the “n” had fallen off. The vanity plate read “My Hoda”.

A friend told me about someone with a Cressida The license plate, of course, read “Troilus”.

I’ve noted elsewhere on the board about the car I saw with the vanity plate

ML8 ML8

That’s obviously a vanity plate, but its significance wasn’t clear. Fortunately, I figured out whjat it meant before the traffic light changed – “I’m Late! I’m Late!” But the best part was that it was on a white Rabbit.

In a similar vein, I’ve heard abut a “Watership Down” fan who had the plate “INLE” on a black Rabbit.
In each of these cases the wittiness of the plate depends upon the name of the vehicle, but it’s worth it. What happens when they sell or trade the car? They stop paying the hefty vanity plate rate and simply drop it.

My desired plate would read either “Sample” or “Cthulhu”

I-roc owners must have a screw loose. A kid I when to high school with was named Nate Roll. He drove an I-roc and his vanity plate said “N ROLL.” Which depending on how lame you were could stand for his name, or “I-roc N Roll.” (GROAN!)

slight tangent:

What’s even worse than people having plates that state what kind of car they have (Camry), is the people that put BIG LETTERS on the rear window (or sometimes the front windshield) with the model name. I just saw another one today. Mustang owners are big offenders, I have noticed.

I can’t decide if this is hilarious or pathetic.

I like that one.

And let’s not forget Vlad the Impala.

I used to walk by this car in the parking lot at school iwth license plate BAAB. I could not figure out what it meant. Finally I realized the car was a Saab.

My ROTC instructor has had plates with his initials on them since they first became available. When he was a CID captain at Ft. Sam Houston, he parked his Stingray in a space between two bushes…every day. As it was the only white Corvette with “DBD” plates in Texas, everybody knew it was him. Eventually a sign appeared beside the space reading “Cpt. D------'s illegal parking”

I saw a red Celica with a woman at the wheel; the plate was CHILI K9. I have to wonder…is that supposed to be “Hot Dog” or “Cold Bitch”?

Depends, Gaudere, was she winking at you or cutting you off?

My mom told me about a good license plate recently. A young woman in a sports car apparently wanted to communicate to the world just how full of joie de vivre she was. Her license plate read “FUNGAL.”

-Ben