Very Annoying Racial Myths. Discuss it.

Hell yes! Ignorant people don’t realize that.

Another Racial Misenterprentation that bothers me is that most people don’t know what CAUCASION is.

Most people assume caucasion people to be people with blonde hair, blue eyes, and white skin. Caucasion people can have any hair color, and any skin color.
Indian people (in India) are caucasion, and they can have tan or bark colored skin.
Anthropologist identify what people are based on their facial bones, not their color.

Caucasion people are diverse just as all other people are.

Or how to spell it. I think you’re oversimplifying here. Caucasian has meant more than one thing historically and today most people just use it as a synonym for white people. That’s no more or less baloney than the original racial theory it was part of.

Another one is that only Europeans and European-descendants can be white. Many North Africans, Levantines, Turks, etc. can also be white.

This is most definitely true.

Well Australians don’t all look like Paul Hogan or Steve Irwin.

Ok, you are totally wrong here. Black women (African-American) have asses unlike any other race/ethnicity of women anywhere. They are quite something to behold. Personally, I don’t even how some of the more extreme ones are even possible-but they are.

Sorry, but a lot of Asian women are pretty flat. East Asian women, anyway. Getting a bra that’s a B cup or larger is a bit of an ordeal, and the cut of most women’s clothing assumes you are shaped like a chopstick.

You aren’t going to find any white girls with an ass like this. :stuck_out_tongue:

It really annoys me when people say the Irish are violent drunks, last time someone said that to me I almost smashed my pint glass over his head.

http://www.everyoneweb.com/worldpenissize/

Dude, my first post in this thread. Seriously, LTR.

I have, but I don’t feel like back tracing to where I found those images, and don’t forget about Kim K, she’s just one of them.

Also, Nicki Minaj’s ass wasn’t looking that big in a bikini photo of her, so she probably was wearing something under her pants. Just google: Nicki Minaj Bikini

Also most black young black women I see in person do not look like that, and do not have that type of booty. I remember seeing a lot of under-developed ones when I was in Highschool. I do remeber seeing a few Filipinas, and Mexican women with big butts though.

Look at the ones you see everyday, not the ones in Magazines and Videos.

Another thing to mention is that body shapes across different races is that they mostly reflect the person’s living conditions, and diet. They also reflect the diet and living conditions of their mother, before they left the womb.

The heavily rice based diet in East Asia causes people to be less developed (post puberty features) than those who consume more meats and other foods.
Like wise, starvation causes stunted growth, and under developed people in other places of the world like parts of India, and Africa.

Well of course I do. I just don’t go around snapping random pictures of them. :wink:

The only race of people that I know that have true steatopygia (a big sexy booty that stick out) on a consistent basis are the Khoisan women of Africa. Not African American women, and most African Americans have ancestry from the Ivory Coast of West Africa, not southern Africa ( where the Khoisan live). You also have to know that most African Americans have some level of Caucasian genes mixed in them

Hmmm, it seems that “black” people have the most myths made about them.

This next one involves AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINES. Some people believe that Australian Aborigines are black people, straight out of Africa. While it is true that everyone originates from Africa, Aborigines are not anymore African than Europeans are, they are both thousands of years away from Africa in their migration.

Australian Aborigines are not directly related to black Africans. Before humans entered Australia, they first had to cross Egypt or the Red Sea, Saudi Arabia, India, and South East Asia. Aborigines are not East Asian niether, nor are they the Indians that we see today. They are their own distinct group with their own distinct looks, culture and language.

Look at the shape of their faces, and hair color then compare them to West Africans.

South America is totally sporting a monster green chubby. :slight_smile:

Almost anybody can be recognized as “white”. White (like any racial grouping) has no universally recognized boundaries. Carleton S. Coon felt that White/Caucasian encompassed Europe, Central Asia, South Asia, the Near East, North Africa and the Horn of Africa. The truth is that “White” changes from area-to-area and over time; this is the same for any conceived racial grouping.

Also judging by her last name (and a little wikipedia) her ancestry probably includes South Asia.

Right. The issue could just be that stereotype is self-reinforced in popular media. The social ideal is that a Black woman has a big butt, so those who have such are the ones that become famous in an industry where looks are a big deal.

See, this is why people get so tired of complaints of about stereotypes, racism, etc. You’re offended when people say “Mexicans.” What the hell are we supposed to call people from Mexico? “The People From That Diverse Country Mexico, Which Gets Immigrants from Asia and the Middle East?” Get over yourself.

Another one is people assuming all Africans are black. You have white European descendants in South Africa, Arabs and Berbers in North Africa, mixed-race people in Cape Verde, etc.