If it’s such a slog, I won’t watch it but why did it need gaslights?
Bravo.
If it’s such a slog, I won’t watch it but why did it need gaslights?
Bravo.
Because it was a remake of a movie called Gaslight. Actually the wiki says they were initially going to change the title, but someone in the studio decided it was OK to connect it with the previous version and they kept the name. So maybe the writers had to shoehorn them back in at the last minute.
“Wait a minute. There’s no Cane in Citizen Kane!”
You know, there’s a different kind of gaslighting that involves adolescent boys, baked beans, a cig lighter and, hopefully, asbestos underwear.
Tonight I had a rerun of The Beverly Hillbillies on in the background; 7x04 Coming Through the Rye from 1968. One of the episodes when they were in England. Through a misunderstanding Jethro thought a beautiful girl had agreed to marry him. At first Jed and Granny mistook her brother in a kilt to be the girl (and very ugly). They get told that the guy in a kilt is a guy in a kilt…but still think that’s the person Jethro was wanting to marry. So Jed and Granny try to explain to Jethro that it was man he wanted to marry. Jethro accused them of trying to gaslight him. (I don’t think it was in character for Jethro to know and understand a term like that.)