Viva in two hours - I'm so nervous

But would you want to write a measurement theory tutorial for the math phobic? I’m stuck after some"what scale type is this" questions.

I’ll just have to go wind up my PhD student, for laughs.

Pass. I’ll stick to teaching physics :smiley:

That’s just evil. If I hadn’t met you, I would have sworn that you were my supervisor.

Everyone says that, but once they meet him they want to join in.

Twenty minutes to go!

anyway: this is you, this is

sits in corner and rocks

I’ve just had two hours of my viva. I have to go back to part two at 5pm.

Aaaarrrrggh!!!

What? That’s uncommon even for proper submitted PhD vivas.

But you can stop rocking, Ang. The reason will not concern you or your competence, it will almost certainly be a disagreement between your supervisor and the other(s) about the way forwards.

I think one or other of the parties is being a monumental penis in bringing you back into their argument, since it so obviously brings unecessary pressure to bear on the student.

I know. My officemates are calling it “Viva II: The Revenge of Viva”

I think the fact that we only got halfway through my thesis has something to do with it as well, and that my “external” has to go and give a lecture from 4-5, otherwise we would have carried on.

Mind you, that said, my office mates were shocked that it had gone on for this long…

I’m sure you’ll do well, after all you are a goddess. :wink:

:wink: Yeah, I passed! Hurrah! A few minor comments from my supervisor, but my “external” (i.e. examiner from outside the group) was really impressed. He said that I’d done really well, and that I’d best leave the room whilst they were writing the report, else I’d probably blush. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Right, I’m going home now for some well earned R&R :slight_smile:

a couple days late but, Congrats! :smiley: