Wally George, ultra-conservative host of "Hot Seat", has died.

Apparently Wally’s the topic of the SomethingAwful feature article.
I think that both of these shows exhibited typical “white trash” behavior. Hot Seat just seems to be more about politics while Cheaters is about relationships. But Cheaters is more modern; it’s mostly filmed in urban areas and does not discriminate in its display of some of the lowliest people ever to appear on camera. People of all races are shown arguing about who slept with whom, why a male suspect (yes, they are sometimes called “suspects” by the so-called detectives) “thinks he’s all that,” etc.
A bit about Cheaters:

This is a truly awful show. It’s laughably bad. The producers and host seem to enjoy using horrid camerawork to show the most pathetic people in their worst moments. Cameras are set up in bedrooms and the evidence collected. It holds just the faintest resemblance to some sort of code, just enough to make a viewer think–even for a moment–that justice is being done.

I recall a scene where a man finds that his girlfriend has been cheating on him with another woman. Cheaters helps him set up a few hidden cameras in his house. Although the tape clearly shows his girlfriend getting it on while wearing a Santa hat (of all things), he feels the need to confront her. During the CONFRONTATION (this stage of the show is clearly demarcated, partly because it’s the juiciest, partly because of the aforementioned false sense of structure), he and a camera crew break down a motel door to find his girlfriend with the same woman. The seductress is wearing a construction vest and Linkin’ Park is loudly playing in the background. She attempts to flee, but, much like Springer, the cameraman follows her all the way to her car.

The man begins to argue with his girlfriend. Despite having just been caught in the act, she denies having been unfaithful. The host begins to berate her on her lack of morals, but she remains steadfast. Yet, for some reason, when the boyfriend pulls out the hidden video that he made, she collapses and starts bawling about he doesn’t pay enough attention to her. Intelligent conversation follows (“Yes, you did!” “No, I didn’t!”). If there is any sign of a peaceful reconciliation the host takes care to bring up another issue between the two, and, if that doesn’t work, simply expresses his contempt for anyone that has ever had an affair.

As a final litmus test of trashiness: during the summer, the show was put on hold because a disgruntled “contestant” stabbed the host (Joey Greco) during the Confrontation. Nevertheless, Greco seems intent on returning to the show once he’s released from the hospital.

I can see it now: Wally George, Morton Downey, Jr., George Putnam and Joe Pyne lunching together every day in a corner of Heaven, talking over old times. It goes pretty well for about the first thousand years, until even they get bored with the same old stories. Then they begin to suspect that they’re really in Hell. They are sure of it when they realize that they have seen no new liberals to humiliate in a millenium. :smiley: