Was the U.S. Civil War all about slavery?

You know, I am on your side of this discussion, but you are letting your personal feelings take you over the top, here.

The idea that those who incorrectly argue for a “states rights” motivation for the secession do so from a perspective of dishonesty or moral turpitude is not supportable without a significant amount of evidence that you have not presented, (and which is, frankly, not available to you). One might, with sufficient research, provide evidence that the people who initially proposed the “states rights” argument might have done so with a deliberate intention to obscure the truth. (I doubt that there is sufficient evidence that you could actually prove that point, but will concede the possibility for the sake of argument.) Making the assumption that people who, following 150 years of accumulated argument for that position, and being led by the arguments to a conclusion different from yours and mine are, themselves, dishonest, is not supportable.

Beyond that, of course, your diatribe, here, whatever your motivation, is way too close to a personal attack on other posters. Having made your feelings known, you will now confine further attacks on other posters to the BBQ Pit.

[ /Moderating ]