Watching Stuff on Amazon - Do you? Are you happy with the experience?

I watch it from Roku and my Tivo (that has the updated Amazon Instant Video interface). It’s really actually pretty nice. “Transparent” is the one of the best shows on television, and Amazon Prime has the rights to stream “The Americans” from FX, “Orphan Black” from BBC, “Justified” from FX, “Vikings” from History, and (the rumors are) “Doctor Who” from BBC in the next few months (it has been taken off Netflix and Hulu). Shows that no other streaming platform has. In addition they have some HBO shows if you don’t have HBO NOW.

I got Amazon streaming to work on my iMac yesterday. Getting it set up was not a pleasant experience.

Amazon streaming uses Microsoft Silverlight. I could not get Silverlight to install at all in Safari. I was finally able to get it to install in Chrome after a restart. Even after installation, I had to fiddle with several settings to get Silverlight to work.

I did notice that everyone up thread uses Amazon streaming on a video device rather than a web browser. Now I see why.

Oh… it actually works without issue on Windows (I just checked). I used it on a video device because my TV is 42in while my Surface Pro 4 is 10in :D.