Watchmen Movie Casting Announcement

I would love to see Anthony Edwards as Nite Owl … He’s definitely the right age/look too. Depp, Downey, and Cusak all look too young, still.

Hell, and then we could get the guy who plays Dr. Romano to be Rorschak! He’s short, ugly, and cranky enough! It can be ER Theater!

Who would they get for Ozy? I can see Owen Wilson, if he serioused it up a little and hadn’t crushed his nose.

Wilson could work. How bout Matthew McConaghey (sp.) ?

It’s too bad Rutger Hauer is too old–I think he would have made a great Ozymandias.

The spouse and I also think that Jesse Ventura would be great as the Comedian. Okay, he’s not much of an actor but he’s got the look down cold.

I’ve always had tremendous respect for Cusack’s taste. But today I read he’s dating Britney Spears and now I wonder.

Come on, even in Stand By Me you could already see there was something great there. Talk about kicking someone when their down…

As for Ozymandias:

1. Jude Law - a bit too pretty, intense, could tip over into evil easily…

2. Neal McDonough (the guy from Boomtown and Hank’s HBO miniseries about the WW2 company - what was it? Band of Brothers?). Blond, creepy eyes, square jaw - could also play upstanding but something lurking behind there.
    Do I hope they don’t do it? Kinda - I hope they don’t screw it up…since it does feel somewhat inevitable I hope the right folks get involved…

Just play the damn story straight - don’t camp it up (Batman and Robin) over-intellectualize it (doesn’t seem possible for the Watchmen, really - I gues what I mean here is don’t hijack the story to fulfill your own psychological leanings, a la the Hulk), and don’t blockbuster/American-ify it, like “LXG”). Just stick with its essence…