[QUOTE=elucidator]
They lie to you with every other breath, for six years, while everything they touch turns to shit. And then they tell you that they are doing a truly splendid job protecting you, but they can’t tell you about it, 'cause its a secret, but you should believe them because when have they ever lied to you?
And you buy it. The Leader says it, you believe it, and that settles it.
And just to cap it all off, you say its the left that is naive.
Far out.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry to kill the buzz, dude. I know it fits the script for me to be sitting in an ideological high chair being spoonfed by Fox news and Rush Limbaugh, but that’s not the case.
It’s not as bad as you make it out to be. Some mistakes have been made and I wish some things have been done differently, but I think you are letting your distaste for the administration in power color your perspective.
Take Iraq for example. It may turn out to be the biggest foreign policy mistake in decades. Or it could turn out to be a counterweight to Iran and an example of democracy in a region that very much needs it. We’ll know for sure in twenty years or so. Of course, historians will analyze the issue through their own ideological bias, so it’ll depend on who you talk to, If there is one thing I have learned on this board and elsewhere, it really is “Ideology Uber Alles”.