Pitting UltraVires

In Wingnut Hell, the recordings all say “para español, oprima numero uno o quédese en la línea. Press 2 for English.”

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That, or an iguana.

In much of Canada we have the phenomenon well described by Dave Barry, to wit: “English and French live side by side and have learned, through centuries of peaceful coexistence on the same land, to hate each other.” Thus in much of the country we are plagued by a button to press if you want the dialog in French (or, heaven forfend, to have to press the button in order to get English) and one can see where all this hate and tension leads. When you lose your cultural identity it leads first to legal abortion, then to gay marriage, and finally to the depravity of legalized mary-hwanna. This can only happen in a society where you have to press a button in order to speak in the proper and decent language that God intended instead of some foreign jabbering that no one understands, or at least, where you have to listen to some jabbering telling the foreigner to press the button to hear more jabbering instead of decent proper English. Decent society cannot withstand that kind of moral corruption, and it falls apart at the seams, or tears at the seams, or some such tailoresque metaphor.

Oh, the humanity! :frowning:

:smiley:

You reap what you sew. That’s Scripture!

West Virginia’s dumbest lawyer on Charlottesville…

After many posters, including me, pointed out that this was the Unite the Right rally organized by white supremacists for white supremacists he responds reasonably.

And then immediately doubles down in the next sentence.

“Even though my facts were wrong, my opinion is still right,” is not eating crow you jackass.

Also the other major protests that summer in Charlottesville were also organized by white supremeacists.

Guys, we are all laughing at him now… but what happens if you end up in some kind of “The Producers” type situation in which you absolutely, positively have to wreck your life and end up in jail?

Yeah, you’re going to need a lawyer who will argue that a finger isn’t an object. He’s also the guy you can count on to ask a witness, “So you call them fingers… but have you ever seen them fing?!? I withdraw the question!!”

Sure, you might not ever NEED to be convicted of a crime. But if you do, you’ll come crawling back to him!

I can’t stand the subject of this thread. I find him to be an idiot, a terrible debater, and disingenuous in the extreme. However, I thought he was treated pretty unfairly in that thread. I thought there was an actual interesting question in there (which I posted over there – feel free to call me on it), but the SDMB couldn’t get past his history.

I guess he’s being treated unfairly there because he’s such an asshole elsewhere, but that thread was still a shitshow for no real reason other than that.

In one of the immigration threads of a few weeks ago, the dumbest lawyer in West Virginia scoffed at the idea of interviewing immigrants. He called it a worthless exercise, because they would just lie.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=21290160&postcount=150

I still think about this at night and shake my head in amazement. This man claims to have a career in the criminal justice system. A system that is heavily based on interviewing suspects and witnesses and determining their credibility based on their answers.

When he’s in a courtroom, does he think it’s ridiculous to ask questions of the witnesses because they’re just going to lie anyway? Does he think that police questioning is a worthless exercise? Does he not know that police have independent information when they question people? Doesn’t this idiot realize that when they question people applying for asylum that they actually have independent information on the specifics of the terrorism in their home country, and that this information can be used to verify or disprove their stories? No way this guy is a real lawyer. He’s way too dumb. I think that sexual abuser got the lawyer he deserves.

Nm duplicate

…it is a potentially interesting question handled with the sensitivity of a boorish oaf. The thread title gave no indication that the thread was going to be a fairly explicit discussion of sexual assault. In fact, the thread title in fact gives the impression that the subject of the thread is something that is regularly discussed. And when he asks " a finger (or two or three fingers or even a fist) count as an object?" one has to wonder exactly how much pleasure he got when he wrote that sentence.

It has nothing to do with his history. Even if I didn’t know who it was who wrote that OP I still would have thought “what sort of arsehole would write this without giving a warning?”

I agree that a <graphic content> warning was warranted. I won’t even respond to that thread while I’m not at home.

Believe me, I have no love for that guy. It would have been interesting to discuss those nuances, though, in a more objective fashion, even though the actual subject is pretty gross.

Just doing his thing. Making shit up and not backing down an inch.

Keep an eye out for the, “Sure my facts were wrong, but my opinion is still right,” argument in the Cindy Hyde-Smith thread.

It’s an UltraVires classic.

Y’all, I think the door just hit him on the butt.

Wait, what? Can you elaborate? He’s not banned. Did he flounce?

Sounds like it here.

Excellent! I thought I heard fewer fart noises bouncing off the walls of the echo chamber today.

Why is it that the stupidest people think that their lack of participation will hurt discussion?

“Hey, if we’re not allowed to say dumb racist shit, then I’m going to get THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Enjoy your non racist- or is that racial- echo chamber!”