Wedding rings: L or R ?

I wear my ring (and watch) on my left hand. It just seems more practical to me. I put my right hand in places I wouldn’t allow my left hand to go.

I wear my engagement ring from my husband on my right hand. On my left hand, I wear his mother’s heirloom ring set with a band and a diamond ring. I wear my wedding band (that matches my husband’s) on a chain around my neck along with a religious pendant.

Born O.K. the first time…

I wear my wedding ring and engagement ring ( yellow gold)on my right hand ( been doing so for about a year) and a white gold ring on my left hand not because I’m so Euro or such nonsense, it’s because my white gold ring matchs my silver watch.

I 'm planning to have my engangement diamond reset into white gold, when we get a few bucks ahead ( read: no where in this lifetime.)

Steviant

My folks were married in the Serbian Orthadox church and they wore it on their left fingers. So did everyone else in my family.

Just curious…but what with the proscriptions Arab Muslims have against using the left hand (and rightly so if you believe what the left hand is supposedly used for), would they wear their wedding rings there?

Hm. That presupposes that Muslims exchange rings.

I don’t know. Do they?

Maybe it’s sort of the same thing as making the Sign of the Cross; Catholic (Western) Christians go top, bottom, left, right, as opposed to Orthodox (Eastern) Christians, who go top, bottom, right, left. I dunno—somebody should do a study on this, or else ask Unca Cece.

“Spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch”… Now I’m wondering about that too, although it wouldn’t account for the wedding ring business in Latin countries, who aren’t Eastern Orthodox. Seems perhaps that some are old traditions, and a few newer ones have tagged on. We need some factual explanations, you’re right. Uncle Cecil ?

I don’t know about the Arabs, but Nepali people do not wear wedding rings—at least not on their fingers. Married Nepali women wear a gold ring through their noses (in the manner you would picture a ring through a bull’s nose).
I hadn’t thought about the problems with wearing a wedding ring on the left hand and the left hand-bathroom hand thing, but it makes for a good argument. I can’t imagine a Nepali person not thinking it disgusting to wear a symbol of their marriage on their bathroom hand.

“I think it would be a great idea” Mohandas Ghandi’s answer when asked what he thought of Western civilization

In Catalonia both men and women wear their wedding rings on their left hands.