Weight-lifting question

Lower body strength not his strong suit, huh? Well, there’s an easy fix for that…:smiley:

Seriously, I would expect that lower body strength is exceptionally important for wrestling. Isn’t it all about keeping your balance?

That’s what I do to, leave the collars off the end of the bar. I work out at home. It’s rare that one of my roommates will be home when I lift. It’s even more rare that one of them will hear me & respond when I yell “spot!”.

BTW, I don’t know what my max is. I bench, pull-up & squat. Of course I do other excercises around them, (like crunches), but these are the 3 core excercises I do & I divide my workout in 3 days by them. Like I said, I don’t know what my max is. I only know I look good without a shirt, and that’s what it’s all about :wink:

Lower body strength not his strong suit, huh? Well, there’s an easy fix for that…:smiley:

Seriously, I would expect that lower body strength is exceptionally important for wrestling. Isn’t it all about keeping your balance?

“Maxing out” at age 16 is definitely not a risk worth taking. It can stunt growth of long bones. He still has growth plates that can be fairly easily compressed.

Here are some articles to read:

here

here

here

and her