Weight loss: Intensity or Duration?

it’s just liquid bread that stores better.

Given the information you’ve given, I think the easiest way would be to cut your beer intake by 1/2 (limit yourself to 2 beers a day), either skip the fast food or at least cut out the fries, if you’re having them (though I would vote for skip the fast food altogether and substitute it with some lean proteins and veggies), and exercise for at least 30 minutes 4-5 times per week. If you’re doing intervals, do 10 minutes warm up, 10 minutes hard intervals, 10 minutes cool down.

If all you do is interval train for 10 minutes a couple times a week, you’re most likely not going to see any results. You’re not burning a hell of a lot of calories that way and, if you’re undisciplined, you’ll easily make up for it with the increased appetite exercise tends to give you (or by tricking yourself into thinking, “well, I had a good workout today, so I can supersize that meal.”)

I lost 40 pounds in about 6-8 months (went from 203 to 163) and, while I did a lot of exercise including running on average 6-7 miles a day 5-6x per week, the bulk of the weight came off because of diet and restricting some of my alcohol consumption. Why do I think this (other than it being well-researched and mostly agreed upon)? Because when I injured myself running in November, and then I hurt a muscle lifting a week or so later, I continued a steady pace of weight loss, although at a somewhat slower pace, even though I was not exercising at all for three months.
If I had to guess, it’s 75%-80% diet, the rest exercise.