Weird artworks you've seen

A little of both IMO. This, on the other hand, in downtown Orlando, is more weird but less cool: weird because she doesn’t express any emotion or thoughts: she’s just there, which simultaneously makes it less cool.

Womanhouse - Los Angeles 1972

I saw that one. It was…odd

This was my strangest one I have seen. . I thought I really don’t. “get” modern art.

I also saw one with thousands of little people under a plexiglass floor for you to walk on.

Museum of Modern Art here in Melbourne. There is a sign out in front – for a funeral parlour (and a fairly well known brand here). It was only after I checked the map a couple of times and turned into the carpark that I realized it wasn’t a funeral parlour sign — it’s a sculpture of a funeral parlour sign.

Not famous. Because it’s not actually really inovative in this day and age. But it had me going for a while.

Much better (but not nearly as weird) was something I saw today – a female nude implemented as a transparent film with kind of random black-and white plane behind which you could see through her. From the front, an interesting picture: the pattern made her look sort of dressed or sort of tatooed. Walking past, a striking element of 3d as the depth made it look like she was moving or following you with her face. And then when you noticed and stop to examine her up close, the stand! It was sort of tan, nearly flesh coloured. When you stood close to her to examine her closely, looking down through the film she had a flesh coloured naked bottom beneath the white/black patterned top she was apparently wearing. The magic element was that I saw three different things as I approached and examined the art. Color me impressed: the artist had achieved something interesting and unique.