it wouldn’t smell so funky if there weren’t all these socks laying around 
[QUOTE=carnivorousplant]
Ooow! Ooow! Do we get badges? Secret decoder rings?
[/QUOTE]
Badges!? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!
I’m down with the decoder rings though.
[QUOTE=John DiFool]
2. A complete and total refusal to submit to the will of the majority.
[/QUOTE]
Can I assure you that the majority of people here definitely want you not to go nude when you are next in public. All of the time. We do, don’t we people? In fact, we order you to keep them on. We overbearingly, dictatorially, demagogically, with no legitimate authority at all, will you not to go nude when you are next in public. YOU MUST SUBMIT TO US IN THIS RESPECT, JOHN!
[QUOTE=Dangerosa]
For #3, it reduces the number of posts on a page, which can make multipage threads a little more of a pain in the butt to load.
[/QUOTE]
No it doesn’t, there’ll be 50 posts to a thread, no matter what.
It does, however, make it that much longer to scroll through a page of posts when half of them are twice as many lines as they need to be because of unnecessary carriage returns.
And to re-emphasize an earlier point - it draws attention to the formatting of your posts, obfuscating the content.
[QUOTE=Dangerosa]
[color=indigo]
For #3, it reduces the number of posts on a page, which can make multipage threads a little more of a pain in the butt to load.
[/QUOTE]
Interesting, I get 50 posts per page whether there are 50 lines or 5000 lines.
Are you sure you only get a set number of lines?
John DiFool: For what it is worth, I have no problem with your extra returns. It does stand out however. One of the other regulars has a strange reply thing going on where the quote portion of the text gets indents with ‘>’ signs. Again, no problem, but it does stand out.
Jim
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Interesting, I get 50 posts per page whether there are 50 lines or 5000 lines.
Are you sure you only get a set number of lines?
John DiFool: For what it is worth, I have no problem with your extra returns. It does stand out however. One of the other regulars has a strange reply thing going on where the quote portion of the text gets indents with ‘>’ signs. Again, no problem, but it does stand out.
Jim
[/QUOTE]
You may be right. I always assumed it was static page length (another VB board I’m on is), instead of number of posts per page. There, when you get longwinded, you get three posts per page - its usually big signatures and lots of photos.
John, you’d have to try a lot harder than this to annoy me. Curiosity is one thing. But anyone who gets their panties in a bunch over such a little thing needs to have their world shook up a bit. Keep your personal style and be proud.
[QUOTE=Tengu]
Seriously, John, you do NOT need to do that. Word wrap is your friend. Let word wrap do its job, so we can all stop reading your posts in the voice of an amateur beat poet.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot, asshole. I never read his posts like that before, but you can be sure I will from now on.
Who’s getting their panties in a bunch over it? Some people are just saying it’s kind of annoying.
[QUOTE=Talon Karrde]
…
Who’s getting their panties in a bunch over it? Some people are just saying it’s kind of annoying.
[/QUOTE]
If the shoe fits…
[QUOTE=the PC apeman]
If the shoe fits…
[/QUOTE]
Shoes, Panties, Badges, Socks? Is this a pitting or shopping trip to the Mall?
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Shoes, Panties, Badges, Socks? Is this a pitting or shopping trip to the Mall?
[/QUOTE]
Keep your hair on.
You’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing there, rayh
[QUOTE=Sockie McSockman]
I for one, welcome our new Sock overlords.
[/QUOTE]
I must quote this in case it disappears.
Thanks for the laugh.
Give us some credit. If we’re going to disappear a post, we’re not going to leave quotations in place. 
[QUOTE=fluiddruid]
Give us some credit. If we’re going to disappear a post, we’re not going to leave quotations in place. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
Good thing I have a screen shot. ![]()
[QUOTE=tdn]
Notepad will do this if word wrap is turned on. I
think it
puts in returns as part of its own internal logic.
When
pasted into a textbox, sometimes it comes out
looking like
this.
[/QUOTE]
It has a rhythm, I can totally dig it. It carries a Cummings-like sparseness, and hints at an almost Dickinsenian dispair, but holds itself aloof as though Rumsfeld himself penned it. Bravo!
[QUOTE=Talon Karrde]
Who’s getting their panties in a bunch over it?
[/QUOTE]
I am. Right now, at this very moment, my underpants are bunched up in my crack, and John DiFool’s short-margin posts are the reason. I was reading one of his posts, wriggling this way and that, gesticulating in bewilderment over his unorthodox margins, and I ended up with my panties in a bunch.
So I wish he’d stop.
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Shoes, Panties, Badges, Socks? Is this a pitting or shopping trip to the Mall?
[/QUOTE]
Nah, just my work uniform.
[QUOTE=Miller]
Nah, just my work uniform.
[/QUOTE]
![]()
That was funny!
[QUOTE=fluiddruid]
Give us some credit. If we’re going to disappear a post, we’re not going to leave quotations in place. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
You guys work for Pinochet, now? You’re disappearing things?
:shudder: