Well, well well, look at what funeral Fred Phelps and Co. plan to picket next?

That was less to protect Mr. Rogers’ family from the site than to protect the Phelps themselves I’d imagine. Daniel Striped Tiger can be reasonable and King Friday is an impotent old figurehead, but Lady Elaine Fairchild- that old lesbo is like Luca Brazi, nobody could have called her off.

My favorite part so far, “We will be in Washington, DC anyway so why NOT picket the Sweden Embassy.”

Well said.

cant. stop. laughing. omg its starting to hurt. :smiley:

What on EARTH did Mr. Rogers ever do to annoy the Phelps clan? Mr. Rogers is made of awesome.

Whaaa!?

Michael Crichton died??? :eek:

He didn’t tell the little children to hate fags. (Damned preacher, believin’ all that stuff in the Bible about loving your fellow man.)

Back from MCs Wikipedia entry.
Damn… :frowning:

Members of the Phelps’ church have stated that they expect to be hated by the corrupt and condemned sinners and consider our response as a sign of Gods’ approval of them. The more the wicked hate them the better they feel about themselves.

Therefore, I submit that when they seek out people in the extremes of personal grief and emotional turmoil they are seeking personal gratification at the expense of another.

This is not a first ammendment right.

They are welcome to preah their faith, print a newsletter, run their website, have a TV show, sell books, go door to door, petition the government, make a movie, endorse a candidate, but not this.

I know Ale.

It’s like you go to the bathroom or take a nap or something, and the rest of the world just keeps on spinning. I’ve tried writing memos, sending mass e-mails, buying lots of network time, etc. to let everyone know that I’ll be busy and other events should be curtailed until I get back, but do they listen? :smack:

You know, somebody needs to call Phelps’ attention to the famously dissolute, immoral, unChristian lifestyles of the Hells Angels and the Biker Outlaws. Their funerals need some Category 5 picketing, man! :slight_smile:

They also could’ve picketed the funeral of Chris Benoit.

“And Phelps gets a pew to the head! Folks, that’s got to hurt!”

As much as I hate it, I agree that these people should be allowed to have their little demonstrations. That doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t fucking cheer if they were filled with Secret Service lead.

See? I’m always saying, “Why don’t we just kill them?” and you guys always reply, “No, Skaldimus! We’ll just make martyrs out of them! Kill one, and you make two more!” Then I say, “But I’ve got freaking the freaking Brotherhood of Evil on speed-dial, and I’ve even got a credit on my account from the thing with Howard Dean,” and everybody says “Stop being so evil! Murder is wrong, damn it!”

And then crap like this happens. I blame all you guys.

BAND NAME!!!
(What do I win?)

As long as we make proper offerings, I’d be content to let Madame Pele decide exactly how to do it. She is, after all, the expert in such things :smiley:

I get what you mean, but I conclude by hoping they fall down a mineshaft, instead.

I think the band name was Insane Clown Posse.

Its not like you could conclude, that then they might gain martyrdom status for their cause because no one gives a fuck if they have a cause, considering their fucked up methods! I say let the snipers have em.
I’m just saying…

I hereby announce my intention to picket Fred Phelps’ funeral. Next week.