We're Looking at Buying an SUV

My Wife is considering the Outback for her next car. To replace her Grand Jeep. They now have the CVT (continuously variable transmission). We test drove one and it did quite well on power even at elevation (>9000 feet). It would be a good daily driver for her I think.

For myself, it’s too small, and a bit hard to get in out of for someone that is 6’4".

You might look around for a Chrysler Pacifica, a mid-sized SUV. They have removable seats and a shitload of room in them.

I currently drive a 2006 Expedition, and before that owned a 1997 Explorer. I liked both. The only reason we got the Expedition was so that we could tow our boat and pack the entire family and friends, plus gear in the Expedition.

We got rid of the boat a couple of years ago, but I still have the Expedition.
It comes in handy when we want to go out as a large group and not have to take separate vehicles. It also comes in handy for when we go camping.

It was also handy a couple of winters ago when we experienced ridiculous snowfall and then flooding. My husband ended up driving my rig when I wasn’t around because his Beemer just did not handle well in the slushy mess on the road.

It rides nicely and handles nicely. Then again, maybe I’m just used to driving it.

No one has ever said anything to me, nor done anything to my rig.

[qUOTE]

Just a nit. But I would call that a cross over. Not an SUV. But that might be what the OP is looking for.

If you don’t need towing or off road ability, a mini-van or cross over may be the way to go. The OP is looking to be able to take stuff to an art show. And needs to take a tent. I guess more of an awning/cover type thing. I would really really consider that that should be strapped to a roof rack. Get a system down and make sure it’s safe. I would recommend looking for that.

It’s kinda interesting. When my Wife and I start shopping for a new vehicle, we start at least a year in advance. On the net. Find out what is out there and keep your eyes open.