what became of the collarbomb pizza delivery case?

Here’s what the Smoking Gun has on the case.

It has the indictment, but it doesn’t really shed any significant light. Guess we’ll have to wait for details to leak out or the case to go to trial.

My guess is that the pizza guy was not exactly playing with a full deck and that he was in on it somehow, and possibly concocted the “key hunt” thing - I mean, the fact that his game was so similar to the whole key game that he enjoyed so much is a little too much for me to ignore. What are we supposed to believe, that a guy who loves to play the key game just happens to be kidnapped by psychos who devise an extremely similar game for him to take the lead role in?

Another guess would be that he was conned by the cons - he probably thought the collar was “fake”, but once it was installed, he was very much a participant.

This is the best link I’ve seen: Erie bomb victim was the dupe in a greedy plan | cleveland.com

Summary: Simple pizza delivery guy regularly visited a particular prostitute. This prostitute rented a room for “work” in a house owned by Barnes, one of the indicted people. Barnes had offered to Diehl-Armstrong (the other one) that he would kill her father, but needed money for it. She was trying to plan out how to get money, and they worked up this “rob the bank” plan. They got Wells (through Barnes’ prostitute renter) to help, claiming the bomb was fake, until right before the robbery was to happen when they told him that yes, it was real. Apparently this was to motivate him to go through with the robbery as he could supposedly free himself when it was over, but also could have been to eliminate an outsider witness who could testify against them. Note that another of their co-conspirators turned up dead and in a freezer at Diehl-Armstrong’s house.

I can’t imagine if this guy knew this bomb was about to kill him and knew who put it there, that he wouldn’t have told the cops this right before he died, in order to get them to go get the person and maybe help get it taken off. Its odd he would take that secret to his death, even he knew it wouldn’t help.

Honor among thieves?

Law and Order…either CI or SVU had an episode like this.

Except the guy was pretty much a loser. Some people might not react the way you or I would. Of course, “we” wouldn’t have gotten ourselves in that position to begin with.

The Ferret Herder link pretty much explains the whole scenario.