What celebrities are known for being jerks(that are not named Chevy Chase)?

He was probably disappointed that nobody gave him twenty dollars for a two-fifty flair.

mmm

Do tell! What happened?

Didn’t Charles Kuralt have a “shadow family” and leave assets in his will to them, knowing full-well it would be revealed they existed once he died and his will was read out?

I’ve said this before but friends of mine who knew Segal when he lived here in Osaka said he was a huge violent jerk.

It did, I’ve read it:

My bad. I didn’t realize what a cluster fuck that website is. Thee article goes on to talk about how Hamill unapologeticly threw his fast food trash out the window. That’s the part I was referring to.

There was an episode of SNL that Nic Cage hosted, and in his monologue he’s talking about various actresses that he’s worked with, and how this one had a nice rack, and that one had a great ass, etc. Finally one of the female cast members comes out and tells him he can’t talk about women like that, and Cage gets all apologetic and says “Jeez, I must look like the biggest jerk that’s ever hosted Saturday Night Live.” And the female cast member says “No, that would be Steven Seagal.”

Yeah, I remember that monologue; it was actually Lorne who delivered the “No, that would be Steven Seagal” line, in his perfectly droll Canadian way. That show aired a year and a half after Seagal hosted; he must have made quite an impression, to say the least.

Okay, that one made me laugh out loud. Nicely done!

From what I know about Harry Chapin, alleviating world hunger was a pet project of his. Why he expected Purdue (or any school’s) college students to have a lot of spare cash to spend on his merch, I don’t know; but I’d suggest that he was having a bad night. A friend met him once, and she said he was quite friendly and pleasant.

I was Security at a benefit show, I think it was jerry Lewis marathon. One area only allowed people with IDs. Period. I was told that even if the President of the studio came up, he had to have one. So Randall came up, wanted in, i explained the policy. He of course used the “Dont you know who I am?” I said of course I do, Mr Randall, but the rule applies to everyone. Rather than go get a ID, he dragged over some executive to yell at me.

I don’t know if Mark Hamill is an asshole, but the idea of a wealthy man plucking cigarette butts out of a public ashtray strikes me as a possible mental illness. I mean, he stuck those things in his mouth. :face_vomiting:

Edit: Removed Covid reference because the article is dated 2013.

I should have added “and Jerry Lewis” to the parentheses at the top. Obviously, Jerry Lewis became a huge jerk if he was not one his whole life.

I told this story before in a similar thread, not that it’s a great one, doesn’t involve a major celebrity, but I find it amusing.

For a couple years in the 80s I worked as a food and beverage cashier for the Westin Hotel in the Renaissance Center in Detroit. One of my jobs was working banquets and conventions selling tickets to get drinks from the bartenders. I was riding the freight elevator to a banquet room with Andrea McArdle (the first “Annie” on Broadway), who was the entertainment for the night, and a couple of her handlers, entourage, or whatever. I was 19 or 20 at the time and I think she was a little older than me, looking great in a tight sequin dress, But through the duration of the elevator ride she loudly and bitterly bitched and complained to her companions about being stuck in a shitty town like Detroit, doing a show in such a crappy run-down venue, she needed to fire her manager, she was too good for this shit, etc. etc.

The amusing part was when she went on stage— such a night and day switch…”it’s SO great to be here in Detroit!” With a big smile on her face. “I’m so happy! But I do get a little down at times. And when I do, I just think…(breaking into song) The sun’ll come out tomorooooowww…”

Dennis Haysbert or Dean Winters?

Haysbert.

She was pleasant but curt. Might just be that her specific personality didn’t mesh well with needy celebs.

You mean Safe Drivers Save Forty Percent?

I don’t know if he was a full-time jerk, but there’s the story of Lawrence Tierney, who played Elaine Benes’ father in an early episode of “Seinfeld”, and how he terrorized the cast and crew with a butcher knife that he stole out of the knife block from the set of Jerry’s apartment. Supposedly he was intended to be a semi-regular character but after that incident nobody wanted him back.

For more perspective on Mr. Tierney…

This may be true, but I am aware of one instance where he was incredibly selfless. Visiting a dying fan in the hospital and singing “Me and Julio Down at the Schoolyard” in her hospital room. I have a video of it somewhere.

What kind of bugs me about this topic is that few of us wouldn’t qualify as assholes if our every action was observed and considered noteworthy. Think of the time you were behaving your worst and imagine if that was how everybody in the world defines your character.