What do pharmacists do?

We went to visit my grandfather’s old pharmacy on our last trip home. some of the bottles, clamps and other things for mixing liquids/solutions were still hanging around.

Some of the drawers pulled out and were really flat pieces of glass suspended a wooden frame - sauves (?) and ointments were mixed on these glass frames with a metal spatula. Looked interesting!

There was a time when the doc’s prescription for pimples was Mixture #1 and the pharmacist knew the recipe/prescription for Mixture #1.
Now as Olentzero said, it is all done else where.

Maybe they will all go away - when these stores become large enough to think they can handle any lawsuit coming down the pike. I’ve seen the “clerks” prepare prescriptions under the “eye” of the registered pharmacist.

In the local Giant grocery stores it looks like the pharmacist is responsible for almost all of the stuff that might have been in an old drug store. He does the prescriptions, yes, but is also the manager of the entire medical/non-grocery area. Crutches, make up, cough medicine, shampoo and baby diapers… I worry that they do too much besides my prescriptions as it is.

Are you driving with your eyes open or are you using The Force? - A. Foley

Well, it appears that one thing pharamcists do not do is post replies here to this thread, which means that they are certainly elsewhere busy, bygolly gee willikers.