What does the rest of the states think of California

Your friend was pulling your leg. It rains a couple of days per year, here. And you got to see both of them!

Nope. We say it about the rude, boorish Californians as well. I’ve not met a single transplanted Californian who is a good neighbor. They are the first ones to call the city if your lawn isn’t mowed, the first one to call the cops if your music is too loud, and the first one to criticize you personally for anything else they don’t like.

Perhaps those are the Californians that are kicked out of the state for not being mellow enough.

That must be it! In every neighborhood I’ve been in, everyone keeps out of everyone else’s business. I hardly know my neighbors’ names. I sure as hell am not going to complain about them, unless they are dealing drugs out in the open, or something. I guess there are some neighborhoods where everyone knows everyone else, and is in everyone else’s business, but I never lived in one (at least as an adult.)

Not that Q, AET! I meant Q of Star Trek fame, not James Bond fame. His name’s something along the lines of John Delancey.

My only issue with California is that the cost of living is so much higher than what I’m used to. According to my boss who is from CA, electrical engineers are better compensated for this than mechanical engineers are. Other posters here may choose to refute or support this notion. Other than that, I like it pretty much, although if I ever moved there I’d do my damndest to avoid having to drive in LA rush hour traffic.

I was born and spent the first 13 years of my life in Los Angeles. I also made the mistake of moving back there for a while after high school.

I used to love it. There was the Museum of Science and Industry that had the neatest exhibit that featured hatching chicks. And the art museums, sports, food, and, of course, Disneyland.

Then, I grew up and found out that it’s expensive to live there; I can’t breathe outside for more than a few minutes for the smog, and the Museum of Science and Industry has become the California Science Center.

The worst of it is that the city has become overrun with pretentious movie industry wanna-bes waiting to be “discovered”. Guess what, folks, it ain’t gonna happen.

Now I gotta watch Dragnet to get my “old LA” fix.

Robin

quote:

Originally posted by Hastur
I’ve not met a single transplanted Californian who is a good neighbor. They are the first ones to call the city if your lawn isn’t mowed, the first one to call the cops if your music is too loud, and the first one to criticize you personally for anything else they don’t like.

Perhaps those are the Californians that are kicked out of the state for not being mellow enough.

Sheesh, Hastur! As a formerly transplanted Californian, I resemble that remark. Change “Californian” in the above quote to <ethnic minority> and see how it reads. :rolleyes:

Jesus motherfucking christ. Change the letter a in the above quote to the word bananna and see who it reads. :rolleyes:

I’m sick and tired of everyone complaining about how they’re so oppressed and comparing themselves to minorities. Guess what. You’re not. There is nothing wrong with a little California bashing. We’re a big state. We can fucking take it. Me? I like to insult people from Oregon, and Wisconsin. There is nothing FUCKING worng with it. Grow up or go away.