What flavor is Juicy Fruit?

Dammit Happy, were you watching me this weeekend?

Oh yeah. I saw you “take a sniff [and] pull it out.”

Wow, I can’t believe I knew all the lyrics to that commercial.

A version updated for 1987, which features the infamous “take a sniff, pull it out” line for the first time.

And finally, the pastel-drenched 1991 version, with a winter-season bonus.

I know this an old thread, but I made some Ginger snap cookies the other day, right? One recipe suggested Cardamom. So I busted up a bunch of the pods and ground up the seeds in my coffee grinder. I probably overdid them in the recipe, but it definitely has a Juicy Fruit type flavor, I’m convinced. See what you think if you have some Cardamom, grind some up and taste test.

There was a $500 million settlement. I’m not sure if this lady ran the company or had an investment in it or not.

I’d bet heavily that the flavor is a “fantasia,” a synthetic combination, just as is cola flavor. It’s meant to be ambiguous for wider appeal.

Miss Cleo would have been able to tell you that you were posting in the wrong thread.

I wondered where that Cleo post disappeared too. :frowning: My apologies.

I only buy the regular Juicy Fruit gum. Love the flavor. I assume it’s a mixture of artificial fruit flavors.

But…but…bananas aren’t juicy!!!

What’s the matter with this world???

On this day

Juicy Fruit used to be advertised as “a fascinating artificial flavor”. I don’t thunk it was ever meant to taste like any specific fruit.

If you wait long enough, they’re juicy . . . and black.

And Juicy Fruit is tutti-frutti flavored.

It was introduced in 1893, while artificial flavors have been around a long time it seems reasonable that natural flavorings were used initially.

It tastes vaguely fruity for about five seconds and then immediately turns to “pencil eraser”.

You’re thinking of Fruit Stripe. Juicy Fruit keeps its flavor more on the order of 10-15 seconds. :wink: