What happened to the commercials for brand name gasoline?

As pointed out in that thread, gasoline commercials are still being aired. I don’t know if people are ignoring them or they just don’t get them on the stations they watch.

Is it possible that wholesale clubs with gas stations (eg. Costco, Sams Club, etc.) had an effect? Perhaps 5-10 cent/gallon difference across typical gas stations wasn’t enough overcome favoritism between brands. But then wholesale clubs come in 20-30 cent/gallon cheaper, people give them a try and think “hey, it’s not different at all”, effectively overriding any previous favoritism.

I remember the Max Headroom character of the early 80s. Having seen TV on buses (and in laundromats), and more recently on gas pumps I wonder, “Egad…where next?”

Ha. One of the “Big Three” TV network affiliates in Spokane has the usual daytime and evening programming, with News at noon, five, and eleven. Throughout the day, the broadcasts are peppered with little 15 and 30 second spots reminding one to watch the next one, so as to remain up to date and informed.
Each of these little blurbs feature the station’s slogan: “KBFD NEWS / RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW” which always makes me shake my head, because almost always “Right Now” is precisely when it isn’t happening. I guess “KBFD NEWS / RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW IN TWO HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES” would be too literal.

Up to 20cents, which is very much worth it.

Am I crazy? I see gasoline brand ads and hear them on the radio all the time.