What has caused you to laugh the most?

I’ll go you one better: People’s Natural Gas (of Colorado)

It has been a very long time since I really laughed. :frowning: I miss laughing.

I think my biggest laughs have all been with my best friend Pat. I live in Indiana and she lives in Virginia, so we unfortunately don’t get together all that often. But when we do, there is always at least one incedent that makes us laugh until our cheeks hurt.

I think the biggest laugh was when we got pee’d on by the tiger.

Last March, my father was in the hospital, and I was told he was dying. Pat immidiately dropped everything and flew out to be here with me. Well, Dad rallied, and pulled theu that time, so Pat & I had several days to just hang out. There is a big cat rescue center a couple hours from my home, so we decided to drive up and look at some kitties. (Here are links to Webshots albums, if you would like to look at some of the cats, these pics weren’t taken on that visit, but are still some nice lion & tiger pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/14811368kUckWBMnSh , http://community.webshots.com/album/23670700EPuQxfCsjz , http://community.webshots.com/album/25483179ArkPrJVtrN )

We made it to the center and paid our fee to tour , and the first part of the trip thru, we were guided by one of the volunteers. There was another family group of Middle-Easterners, who were without a doubt the least animal savvy people I have every seen- they were doing EVERYTHING wrong around the cats, fast, erratic movement, loud talking, growling at the animals, pounding on the cages… Now, you have to understand that this is not like a zoo. There are no safety rails, the path is flanked on either side by 12 foot chain link fence, and the cats can walk RIGHT up to you. Many are reasonably friendly and come up to be talked to . (I have even petted some, tho it is discouraged)

The guide had to leave us about half way thru the tour, and we were on our own. Pat and I wanted to get away from the jerks that were making our visit unenjoyable, so we got about a cage or 2 ahead of them. We had stopped at a cage with 7 Siberian tigers in it, and one of the big males had come up to us, rubbing his face on the wire and chuffing a greeting to us; we were almost nose to nose with him, baby talking and chuffing right back. Well, the family came RUNNING up, yelling about how close he was, and one of the men grabbed the wire and began shaking it. Pat said she didn’t think that was a good idea, but he ignored her. You could see the tiger’s eyes… changing… he was PISSED off, and he suddenly whipped around, raised his tail, and cut loose. Pat and I were ALMOST able to get out of the range of spray, just got a couple of drops each. I am happy to say that the offenfing party got a good dousing.

We had a good laugh over it and went on our way, finished the tour. Got in the van and came home. But… we had to stop at the hospital to take something to Dad first.

You know how when you are exposed to a strong smell for a period of time, you don’t notice it?

We went into the hospital, and people were backing away from us in the halls. As we left, I stopped to say something to the nusre at the nurse’s station, and she looked as if she had been sucking on a lemon as she tried to get as far away from me as she could. It still didn’t register with us as to why. Until we went back down and opened the van doors.

The stench that rolled out was crippling. Imagine a dirty cat box… X 1000. It dawned on us all at once that that must be how WE smelled! That was it… we broke down right there in the parking lot laughing until tears were streaming and our faces ached. We fought over who was going to get the shower first when we got home.

We still laugh about this.

You know that gag about finding the height of a tall building with a barometer? Where the final solution is to find the caretaker and promise him the barometer as a present if he’ll tell you the height of the building? Well, I’d known that for years and years. And then I read an alternative punch-line, where what you do is find the caretaker and threaten to hit him with the barometer unless he tells you what you want to know. For some reason that cracked me up.

And then I recounted it to a friend of mine who is an incurable giggle-chops to begin with, and I couldn’t finish the story without corpsing. I tried several times. Both of us were in stitches. There was just no way I was going to be able to say "You find the caretaker and say to him ‘Tell me how high this building is, or I will hit you with this barometer’ " without both of us screaming with laughter - or even explain to our interested friends (and my wife) what was so funny. Even an hour later I couldn’t get the line out with a straight face.

By the next morning my reaction had subsided to a slight chuckle…

One that you may find funny…

When I first watched Withnail and I, the scene where they try to cook the chicken in a kettle left me face down on the ground turning purple because I simply couldnt breathe due to laughter.
And, another that no other human in THE WORLD will find funny…

One day, my Dad was talking about a raffle that had been held the previous night in the local community center. i asked him what sort of prizes they had, to which he replied “Shlem’s of this, shlem’s of that”.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :eek: :eek: :o :o :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :rolleyes: … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :eek:

I fucking cried, and I have no idea why. Sometimes, things just hit your funny bone, and you spiral into a fit of the giggles. It took me a good hour to calm down, and pretty much every one was pissed off at me. Heh. Shlem’s.

The first time (back in the '70s) I ever saw **Monty Python’s Flying Circus’s ** “Upper-class Twit of the Year” sketch.

I honestly thought my heart was going to stop, I was laughing so hard.

The first time (back in the '70s) I ever saw **Monty Python’s Flying Circus’s ** “Upper-class Twit of the Year” sketch.

I honestly thought my heart was going to stop, I was laughing so hard.

I laugh a lot. The Marx Brothers make me laugh my ass off. As does Mel Brooks’s Young Frankenstein. My dad makes me laugh, too. There was an incident with a couple guys in wheelchairs crossing the street that put us into screaming hysterics. I have some friends that totally crack me up. Laughter is just a regular part of my diet.

Just yesterday, my roommate and I were on a road trip. We drove about 40 minutes one way, and on the way I told a story about how when I was about six or seven years old, my family was on vacation in Yosemite in a tiny little shanty cabin that gave us all lice, and in one single night, I lost a tooth and then wet the bed after I went to sleep, peeing all over my storybook version of The Great Muppet Caper. (This story, by the way, was told in an effort for us to remember what year Caper came out, but I digress.) This, naturally was very funny to my roommate, but we made it through with only minor guffaws.

An hour or so later, we’re driving back home, and my roommate was eating a bagel. There was an enormous amount of melted butter on it, and it ended up all over her pants. After she finished the bagel, she looked at her pants for a while, then said (rather mournfully) “I wish I was a wizard.”

Only because she’d said it softly and I was only half paying attention, I thought she said “I wish I was a loser.” What she’s actually said clicked in my head just as I started laughing, and we giggled for quite a bit of time over that.

Then, out of nowhere, I suddenly added (to a conversation we’d had over an hour before) “You know, I kept that book even though I peed on it. I loved that book.”

For some reason, that struck us both so funny that I almost drove off the road. I’m giggling even now.

I forgot to mention this, but you should know that the first time I read all that, I constantly thought “This guy reminds me of Hal.” Especially when he got to the silkworms, for some reason.

Just the other night I watched an episode of Firefly, and in that episode was a sex scene where the man is kind of sitting up, with the woman on top, and they’re both just kind of making out and undulating slightly. They are covered in sweat. Naturally, my boyfriend and I comment about how nobody has sex like this, how’d they get so sweaty just sitting there, etc.
Later that night, we start getting it on, and we’re kissing. Then my boyfriend suddenly grabs me, presses me against him so that neither of us can move, and starts deep-kissing me while slowly undulating his body. After a second or two, I started doing the same. After about 30 seconds (we may not have even made it that long) we both laughed so hard that I seriously didn’t think we would actually calm down enough to actually have sex. It was hi-larious.

And I have to mention the time my mom laughed so hard I thought she was going to pass out behind the wheel. We were driving a moving truck full of my sister’s stuff from San Diego up to San Francisco. My sister was exhausted and went to sleep in the back of the truck. My mom was driving and I was sitting shotgun. We were stuck in a traffic jam in L.A., and I happened to look over to a pick-up truck that pulled up alongside us. Our moving truck was pretty tall, so I could see down into the truck. The driver had one hand on top of the steering column, and the other was kind of resting at the bottom of the steering wheel. But there was something weird…he was moving the bottom hand kind of up and down, with his fingers pointing downwards. I say to my mom, “That’s weird…what the heck…is that guy doingOHMYGOD!” He was masturbating right in front of me. My mom practically died of laughter. Words cannot describe how hard she laughed. I’m not sure if she was laughing at him or at me.

Easy. Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. I wept. I had muscle cramps. Man, that movie did it for me.

Sorry, I remembered something else. It’s probably the hardest I’ve ever laughed. (I think I told this story on the board once.)

My family visited Amsterdam last spring - and there’s a tale of its own, me wandering around the red light district with my 12-year-old brother, parents and grandparents. Near the end of our flight back to New York, I leaned over to my mother and remembered that when I was younger, people used to clap when the plane landed. ‘What a stupid custom,’ I told her. ‘Did these idiots get on the plane, then realize maybe the pilot didn’t know how to land it?’ I railed, quietly, in this fashion for a minute or two and concluded by saying ‘At least I haven’t heard it since September 11th. I guess people decided the possibility that the pilot actually couldn’t land was a little too real and not too funny.’

A few minutes later, the plane landed on US soil. I sarcastically clapped my hands a few times. And then it happened. A few passengers way in front of me started clapping, and a moment later, the whole plane burst into applause. I have no idea how I kept breathing through the laughter that followed. It broke my mother up, too.

The following incident was one of those happenings that you know you’re not supposed to laugh at, but the very fact of this increases the laughosity by a thousand times.

A few years ago my SO was trotting through the house in bare feet and stubbed her big toe on the couch leg. I was outside doing yard work and she hopped outside to scream about her *$#%@ toe injury. While yelling about how much it hurt she stepped on a very large tack-like thing that had fallen off the the leg of one of the wicker garden chairs (like a furniture caster but with a big, rusty nail).

She drove the killer tack into her other big toe and ran screaming around the yard with blood spurting from her foot. She was shrieking for me to pull out the tack, but I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t even stand up.

Oooh, I paid for that!

The last time I laughed uncontollably was here, on the SDMB. It was the thread about “Embarssing things done/said on a job interview”. It was a guy just listening to the interviewer, when he suddenly screamed “MY NUTS!!!”, grabbed his crotch, and fell over unconcious. Very well written, and had me laughing for about 20 minutes. I laughed even harder for the next 10 minutes while trying to explain to my SO what all the commotion was about. I think she was seriously worried about my health.

The Monkey butler thread has had me laughing uncontrollably for a week or so. At one point I was laying in bed giggling so hard I thought I was going to wake Hubby up.

From Opalcats “Teeming Millions” web page-

Someone asked about a tradition of cutting off the hooves, the head and the heart of famous race horses and wondered why.

Someone replied that perhaps they were preparing the horse for a museum display.

This was the reply to that comment:

{{ They might do that because they mey want the bodies for a museum}}

Maybe It’s jetlag, but I laughed until I cried and then, I laughed some more. “Come one, come all, to the headless, hoofless, heartless horse carcass museum.”

Something about the “come one, come all” and tossing the word “carcass” in there makes it so funny.

I laughed until I couldn’t breathe.

I called people but couldn’t explain because I laughed so hard.

I still laugh over it.

At random times I just come out with “come one, come all …”

That video of the fat kid falling off the diving board. Never gets old.

Also very funny is the multitude of ‘star wars kid’ clips they do, where they superimpose the Star Wars kid over other characters. At first it was from actual Star Wars films, but then it just got totally random.

Oh yeah, the other story-

Husband and I getting, err, friendly in bed one night. The first time we were getting friendly since we started letting our puppy sleep in our room.
We were just getting busy when Daisy lept onto our bed, started poking her nose into every available crack, cleft and joint- “huh, huh can I play too?” pleading from her deep Sheltie eyes.

We laughed so hard. Then we kicked the dog out.

How does one clap sarcastically?

I can only imagine clapping slowly, which I wouldn’t assume as necessarily implying sarcasm.

In high school, a friend’s dad had some handguns. He offered to take four of us out to a range, but we’d have to take a gun safety lesson first.

We signed up for a class, and we were the only ones there.

The five of us (including the gun dad) sat shoulder-to-shoulder facing the instructor, sitting about four feet in front of us.

The instructor was in his 60’s probably. I can’t remember what this had to do with anything, but he mentioned “knights on their horses.”

Trouble was, he pronounced the “k”, like “kuhnights”. I thought it was funny. About 10 seconds later, it struck me as very funny. But no one was laughing. I cracked a smile. Then it got funnier. I had to fake a cough to hide a burst of laughter. That no one, including the instructor, gave any response to “kuhnights” made it unbearably funny.

About 10 seconds later, I hear the guy next to me give two quick exhales through his nose. I turn my head ( I was sitting too close to see him without turning) and see that he is beet-red, and he sees that I am also.

Two minutes of suppressed snickers ensue. We are approaching full Bevis and Butthead mode when the instructor mentioned the “nipple of the gun”. The quick exhales, clearing of throats, and laugh-suppressing coughs were replaced with little bursts of audible laughter and wheezing and sudden inhaling from suppressing full-blown laughing.

The poor guy just kept plodding along with his gun safety schtick to four teenagers sitting four feet away from him red in the face, hunched over, and bouncing in an effort to not be laughing at him.

Finally I say something mildly funny, which gave us an excuse to laugh out loud and get it out of our systems. The last half hour still heard the occasional snicker.