What Historical Event Would You Most Like To Have Video Footage Of?

Rather than add my own, I’d like to mention how great the DVD extras would be. Go upthread and reread with the idea of, say, outtakes from the first friction fire, the director’s commentary during the last supper, alternate angles of Dallas or a battle, the interviews

Construction of the pyramids, maybe? My understanding is that there is still some debate on exactly how it was done so that could be put to rest.

And would it be too morbid to want to see the death of Anne Boleyn? I find her to be one of the most fascinating people in history, so to see how she handled the moment intrigues me. Same era, the moment Elizabeth became Queen.

The Battle of Thermopylae.

ETA: Thought of another one: the first meeting between Europeans and Native Americans.

Dinosaurs.

Isn’t there a difference between the sinking of the Titanic, say, which is a historical event that we know to have happened, and this, where part of the argument is simply WHETHER it happened? I mean, say you got footage somehow of some poor slob being crucified by the Romans around 30 AD–no one would argue that this never happened, but skeptics would still ask (reasonably) whether this was footage of the Son of God or just a Garden-variety execution, no?

•The Petersburg Mine.

•Krakatoa.

•The Tunguska Event

•Hiroshima and/or Nagasaki.

•The Tsar Bomba test.

[Er…might need a faraday cage or something for those last ones.]

I…sense I theme, here. :slight_smile:

After that…

•John Wilkes Booth being shot.

•Hitler committing suicide.

•Beria’s execution.

…just so I can take the footage, put part of it in slow motion, and turn it into the best Imogen Heap mix video on YouTube EVER.

I second this- verifiable evidence of this would answer, if not everything, a whole lot.

“And for the last time – Jesus Christ, would you shut the door after you come in? What, were you born in a . . . oh :o – sorry.:smack:”

The Battle of the Nile.

The Battle of Trafalgar.

The Battle of Waterloo.

Me, too. If I have to pick a specific event, give me a T.rex hunting something, so I can say “nyah nyah” to Horner and his “T.rex wasn’t an active hunter” hypothesis.

That’s what I meant by aftermath. Being an atheist, I wasn’t going to say resurrection, though.

Dinosaurs, darn it! Awesome ones.

This is also my, rather unoriginal, thought.

I care a lot less about famous battles. On one hand, sure, cool. On the other, would you really want to watch a tape of thousands of real people dying?

You that your extravagant package would be all-nude?

It would also be a very short show. The first Olympiad consisted of a single foot race over a distance of about 190 metres.

Well, if we can choose dinosaurs, then I want that. I thought they were excluded because it had to be something since history began.

I’d have to go with the dinosaurs. While video of Jesus’s resurrection would be enlightening and profitable, video of Jesus’s decomposition (days 0-3) would be a wasted opportunity.

The events leading up to, the event, and the aftermath of the Roswell UFO crash, in order to verify the source of the UFO.

Yeah. Because there’s lots of video footage of the September 11 attacks, and nobody argues about those… I mean, it’s a nice try, but wouldn’t settle anything.

I’m thinking of one of the historically huge volcanic explosions or asteroid impacts that helped shape the planet. Or the first recognizably animal creature to crawl out of the oceans or whatever other ooze it came from.

When did history begin?

Chixiloob Asteroid Strike (aka-The Dinosaur Killer), preferably from a high orbit.