What is so indecent about a woman's nipple?

Ever since women have been allowed to show their elbows in public, I haven’t been able to keep my mind on anything else. I stare at elbows all day. I’ve lost my job. I rob grocery stores for cash to buy fashion magazines. I’m now addicted to drugs and skin lotion. I’m leader of an anarchist cell that is fomenting social unrest. I play tennis. I advocate compulsory execution of anyone between the age of 28 and 31. And it’s all the fault of naked elbows, god help me!

But not the macaroni? :dubious:

I haven’t seen that, but I heard that in order to get the “inner woman” shots they used a clear plastic dildo with a camera inside. Gotta love technology.

Cuppla things:

Don’t know if its still the case but fairly recently the laws on New Orleans prohibited “uncovered nipples”. (Yes, New Orleans, sin city of the South.) Anyway, if you went to a strip club and got a table dance and got a good close-up view, you would notice something very strange. The dancer would have a tiny piece of clear plastic glued to her nipple in order to comply with the law.

The guy that got the implants. . . I think it was Maxim that ran an article about him. Yes, it was a $100,000 bet and the guy kept them for at least an entire year to win the bet. He had a girlfriend that liked them but that’s another story. The magazine ran the story with a picture of the fake boobs and guess what? . . . they blacked out the nipples.

Weird culture we live in!

Haven’t you ever wanted to see a film twice? I wish I could support independent video stores, but there aren’t any around here. It’s either Blockbuster or nothing.

I was curious to see Romance again after it had left the theaters. The cuts made in the video ruined the film. (The same thing happened to the video of Last Tango in Paris.) In the most creative scene in Romance, a man is fucking a woman, then he pulls out and ejaculates all over her abdomen. The film suddenly cuts to a pregnant women getting gel squirted all over her abdomen for an ultrasound. It’s a very effective and striking juxtaposition. But with the ejaculation censored out of the video, the ultrasound gel scene is rendered pointless.

As for the Kama Sutra video, I did not get it from Blockbuster, I bought it from Amazon. Are all copies of the video censored in this way? Is it impossible to get a video of the original theatrical release version? Why do they do this to videos anyway? I didn’t get the Kama Sutra video to look at one twat flash, you silly; I got it because I liked the whole movie. I was glad to see the recent flowering of Indian erotica in that sexually repressed, puritanical culture. It lasted all too briefly and is now heavily threatened by the Hindu fundamentalist fanatics who have taken over India.

Back to the OP… Yeah, I agree that the current censorship rules are absurd. I think it’s because the culture is in a transitional period. The regulators are inept to keep up with the shifting cultural mores. If things were allowed to take their own course, America would soon drop all restrictions on nipples and maybe also dicks and twats. But now America has been taken over by the ultra-right wing, which is going to reimpose censorship wherever it can. Starting with the STATUE OF JUSTICE.

In the version I saw, they showed the guy ejaculating from the inside. My guess is that they used an endoscode(???) camera, I’m fairly certain it is cause the video looks like it.

Anyway, I still don’t see the sense of bluring out the Ancient Art that showed penetration.

Not really true. The great majority of English settlers in the American colonies from the 17th century onward were ordinary Church of England followers, not Puritans. Even on the Mayflower, non-Puritans outnumbered the Puritans. The Puritan influence in early America was primarily on literary, not political, tradition.

Scores of “R”-rated movies have shown frontal male nudity. A sample:

Robert Forster, Medium Cool (1969)
Alan Bates, Oliver Reed, and Christopher Gable, Women in Love (1969)
Gary Brockett, The Last Picture Show (1971)
Donald Sutherland, Don’t Look Now (1973)
Christopher Atkins, The Blue Lagoon (1980)
Richard Gere, American Gigolo (1980)
Julian Sands, Rupert Graves, and Simon Callow, A Room With a View (1985)
Kyle Maclachlan, Blue Velvet (1986)
John Malkovich, The Sheltering Sky (1990)
Tom Berenger, At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991)
Lou Milione, Six Degrees of Separation (1994)
Eric Stoltz, Naked in New York (1994)
Liam Neeson, Nell (1994)
Leonardo DiCaprio, Total Eclipse (1995)
Kevin Bacon, Wild Things (1998)

To the contrary, female genitalia (not just pubic hair) is almost never shown in an “R”-rated movie.

There’s an early Tom Cruise film about him being a footballer when you can glimpse his schlong from a sideways view. Not quite full frontal, though.

How could you have forgotton Bruce Willis in Color of Night (1994)?