What is something unique about your pet?

The civet is a cat-like animal that is fed ripe coffee berries, resulting in coffee beans being passed through it’s digestive tract that are the most expensive in the world (kopi luwak). I think you may have had a gold mine there!

Our dog likes to make eye contact - I think she reads us that way. She also loves to have her ears rubbed, like with thumbs deep down in there - puts her to sleep. She climbs up on us when we are sitting and actually hugs us.

My gf does most of the training work, other than the house breaking, which is my specialty.

As a result, all of our dogs have urinated on command. Even if they’ve all just come back inside, if I take them out and say “go pee” they will all go at least a few drops.

Technically not correct. In the wild the civet will eat perfectly ripe coffee beans and that is why many believe civet poop coffee is so good. When captured and caged, they are fed coffee beans at all stages of growth in the belief their intestinal tracts are magic and will make poor coffee beans like the food of the gods.

As did I with door handles. Jump up and grab the handle with both paws, twist her body to turn the handle and kick off pushing the door open.

Bear the Siamese does his toilet needs in the toilet.
I’ve been trying to teach him to flush for a few years. His sister will occasionally use the toilet but mostly she uses a litter box.

Bayliss can open the French doors lever handle. He always asks first if he can go outside tho’.
I thought the bell trick would be a good fit for him.
Alas, Mid-dau’s Chihuahuas drove us crazy playing with them.

Luna wipes her ass after every #2. Just scoots it on the grass for about 6 inches.

I’ve had cats my whole life but this is unique to me. Our cats will take short walks with us. No leash they’re free rangers. They’ll follow us closely up the block and onto the sandy trail through the woods. Sometimes they zoom past us then wait until we catch up. When we reach our turn around spot we say take us home boys and they dash back down the trail and wait. Then they follow or walk alongside us back down the street.

One moonlit night the owls were hooting loudly and both cats instantly moved closer to us and remained in our shadows while we walked down the street.

(My version of unique may not quite fit the OP’s definition, but it’s particular to these pets…)

I’ve agreed with my cat Lucy to open my apartment door on weekend mornings so she can go outside. Ricky, her son, doesn’t go out. He just looks out the door, or paces the living room, until she returns. Only once did he leave - and that was to go get her and bring her back.

He grew up in the shelter, since Mama Cat was a stray with 4 kittens when they brought her in. So he doesn’t seem to have interest in getting out. But I figure Lucy knows the streets, so she needs to get onto the grass - but she’s only gone about 20 minutes. Then, when she gets back, Ricky gives her the business, grooming frantically.

Also, when Ricky eats, he likes to dip his paw into the food and then eat it off his paw. I kept wondering why his food bowl was so messy until I saw him do this. For some reason, it’s especially amusing to me when I give him some cottage cheese, which he loves.

Ricky also loves to toss around and chase popsicle sticks, bottle caps, and straws. If you are eating a popsicle or drinking something with a cap or straw, he’ll stare at you. If you put the object down, he’ll first tap it with a paw before he grabs it and throws it in the air, at which point the game is afoot!

Kittens are truly wonderful (notwithstanding the fact that all my screens are torn, as is my carpet and one particular corner of the couch).

We have a small pack at the house, two of whom are siblings from the same litter, and they could not possibly be more different in temperment.

Ellie Mae (NOT named after the Clampett. We are Justified fans…) has an “ear thing.” Occassionally, though not so often, anymore, she will climb up on the couch behind you, and ever-so-delicately nibble your ear. Not bite, but just nibble, with the tips of her front teeth. She also carries toys around by their ear, or what might pass as an earlike appendage. (There is a pumpkin that gets toted around by its stem, a margarita that is hoisted by its lime…)

It’s adorable.

She will also give you a (mooch) on request. Not an open-mouthed hound lick, but a pursed-lips pressing of her mouth into yours.

We taught her none of this.

Bernie and I had an ongoing argument about car preferences for a while. When I got a new car, I still had the old one for a few months. I loved the new car, but Bernie, apparently being an old-fashioned sentimental dog, preferred the old one.

I found this out for this first time when I showed Bernie the new car and tried to take him out for a ride. I opened the door and told him to jump in. He looked at me as if to say, “what are you trying to pull here?”. Then he took the leash in his mouth – a sure sign that he’s asserting control – walked me over to the old car, and sat down beside the door, making his meaning perfectly clear.

Many years ago I had a coworker who had two dogs who figured out how to open the refrigerator and get into the butter. This was back in the early days of the web and web cams - he set one up so he could keep an eye on them from work during the day, and caught them doing it.

My husky/chow mix Bear-Bear has bi-colored eyes. Not the usual one brown, one blue. Each of his eyes is part blue and part brown. We got him from the pound (Humane Society, sorry) in September. He’s still a puppy at just over a year old but it doesn’t look like his eyes will change any more. He is sweet and goofy and we love him whole lots and bunches.

I had a cat who’d been rescued as a half-grown kitten from a bad situation. He glommed onto a dog in the household, used to nurse on her; I think in addition to his other problems he’d been separated from his mother too young. To some extent he learned to dog as much as he learned to cat. And he didn’t retract his claws when he walked. He could retract his claws – I checked, and he’d sometimes retract them when interacting with humans – but he walked around the place clicking just like a dog.

I also had a cat who would sit on the edge of the tub with her tail dangling in the water. She didn’t seem to notice it was there.

It’s my theory that this is why doorknobs were invented. Lever handles are easier for humans, but also openable by cats. I’ve had several cats who would try and try to get a grip on the doorknob, but couldn’t manage it.

Are there male dogs available to her?

Quite a lot of creatures will exhibit same-sex mounting behavior, and will also cheerfully accept other-sex sex if/when that’s available. Some do have strong homosexual preferences, though.

All of my creatures have made eye contact; especially when they want me to do something.

I’ve had a lot of cats who would take walks with me outdoors. Sometimes now if I go for a walk around the farm I’ll be accompanied by two or three cats and a dog.

– Reading this thread in general: I suspect that most cats will do something that’s thought of as odd for cats. Not all of them the same thing, of course. I’d concluded years ago that this was a Cat Rule about foods – every cat had to eat something strange; carefully not picking the same one so it didn’t become considered normal.

I am so sorry!

I have 3 rescue cats, 2 are b/w tuxedo looking, and the third is a big brawny grey tabby. The tabby loves getting spanks and basically rough housing. I sometimes wonder if there’s some Maine Coon in his family tree. He also has what we call a hollow leg- he’s game for food, anytime,anywhere. I know that this isn’t a singular trait for a cat, what’s different about his perpetual appetite is that he doesn’t care for anything that’s NOT cat food. The other two will snarf down any people-food that they can get away with, but this guy just holds out for the “good stuff”- in his estimation, Tiki Stix treats and Wellness Cat food, if it’s pate style, and good and stinky. : )

Cat thought: “This guy is seriously going to drown me if I don’t shape up!”

My cat is unique.
That is all.

We had one who’d figured that doorknobs had something to do with opening a door but was about an inch too short to reach it at maximum stretch. We considered putting a box by the door so she could reach but figured it was better to remain frustrated rather than be disappointed when nothing happened.

Bear the Siamese (being the genius he his) does many behaviors I don’t associate with cat things. He sticks his tongue out. He winks. He steals things(I now know this more common than I thought).
He likes me to read to him. He’ll put a paw on a page if he doesn’t want me to turn the page, so I re-read it.
I whisper in his ear how beautiful he his and he looks at me like I’m insane.
He licks my eyelids to wake me up.

Meeko, his sister, loves wine corks. He grabs them from her. I think he doesn’t want her drinking.
He likes the dryer. He’d sleep on top for hours if it was running.
And, he can fly.
Not even kidding.

Our pug is absolutely the only dog we’ve owned who hates going in the car. She’ll tremble and whine like we’re torturing her. She acted like that the day she came home from the breeder, so it’s not like she’s a rescue who had a traumatic experience. Tho, oddly enough, when we’d go on long trips, she’d do fine at rest stops getting back in the car.

Old cats jump
Middle-aged cats leap
Young cats levitate.

ETA: some cats can keep levitating later in their lives than others.