What is the best alternative to Norton Ghost?

Great link.
Thanks!

That link has outdated information–there is a Clonezilla that has network support. And while I haven’t tried that one, I have recently used the offline version, and it was incredibly simple. It has no GUI, but it didn’t need it. It just asked a few questions, and then got on with its work.

Spent a good chunk of yesterday experimenting with the Fog Project.
Got stuck when I couldn’t get my client machine to see the DHCP server on my Fog server.
I didn’t want to modify the DHCP settings on my production DHCP server…

Here’s the project:

I think if I have too much trouble with Fog I’ll move to Clonezilla’s stand-alone option as my short-term replacement for Ghost, and then try to implement the server edition of Clonezilla.

I noticed they have several versions: home, workstation, etc. Any comparison advice or features that you need that wouldn’t be in some other version?

Acronis has TONS of bells and whistles.
I haven’t worked with it in a year or two now, but I’m guessing that unless you’re working for a huge IT department, the weakest version of Acronis is still 100X more powerful than you need for whatever you’re doing.

Acronis requires a license for each machine as well. The usual way of handling this in a business is imagex and sysprep.

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Windows Deployment Services are free and does the job (assuming you are using windows desktops).