What is the best song off of "The Beatles" (White Album/Disc 2)?

I also wanted to send some love to Good Night. It’s just a basic waltz, but the orchestration is pretty, and effective lullabies are hard to come by. When my daughter was between 3 and 6 I probably sang that song to her several hundred times.

If Revolution, rather than Revolution 1 was on the White Album this would be easy…

But as it stands probably the most difficult of all these polls. I voted for Dark Horse: Long, Long, Long.

About time that one got a vote. If I hadn’t been determined to vote for the much-maligned and misunderstood “Revolution 9”–even if the two discs had been combined, that would have been my pick–I would have been torn between “Long Long Long” and “Cry Baby Cry,” probably going with the former.

I really had no idea that Disc Two in general would be so unpopular.

I guess I should come out of the closet and say that I too voted for ‘Revolution 9’ - this is a great disc, but none of the other songs sound as exciting and, well, revolutionary as that one does to me.

This recently blew my little mind.

That is amazing. I’d love for Paul to release ‘Carnival Of Light’ one day but I’m not sure he ever will.

Love “Savoy Truffle.” I feel your taste all the time we’re apart is one of my favorite lines of any song.

However, “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey” rocks. And I chose it.

Really, “Helter Skelter” Is good, but I think Paul was trying to hard. My opinion, of course.

“Yer Blues” is another I could have chosen. I don’t see that Disc 2 is bad, just different.

I love Sexy Sadie, Cry Baby Cry, and Mother Nature’s Son.

I could go the rest of my life without hearing Birthday again.

But **Revolution **- either version - is one of my favorite songs from the boys.

So there ya go.
mmm

“Sexy Sadie” is better if you sing along with the original words:
“Maharishi, what have you done? You made a fool of everyone…”

But, I have to vote for one of the first heavy metal songs, “Helter Skelter”.

The first time I listened to the White Album and heard “Helter Skelter,” I thought, “Wow, I never knew The Beatles were a heavy metal band!”

Helter Skelter, the world’s first heavy metal song :slight_smile:

I think I like this slightly better than disc 1.I absolutely love all of these:

Yer Blues
Everybody’s Got Something to Hide
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1
Cry Baby Cry

My favorite goes back and forth between “Yer Blues” and “Long, Long, Long.” At the moment I want to vote for the latter.

Went for Yer Blues, in a tight race with Helter Skelter and EGSTHEFMAMM.

I love “Helter Skelter,” but I love “Mother Nature’s Son” just a little more. So that’s the one I picked.

The best moment on the White Album is the transition from Helter Skelter to Long, Long, Long. (Well, either that or the opening lines of Happiness is a Warm Gun.)