What is the Bob Seger song Fire Lake about?

Minor nitpick with your astute synopsis **Evil Captor **, Arnold the Pig was on ‘Green Acres’, not ‘Petticoat Junction’.

Why does everyone think this needs to be some metaphor for hell or homosexuality. Seger never wrote anything so complicated, and that’s the beauty of his songs. They are straightforward and honest.

from songfacts.com - For years, Seger never publicly commented on the actual place this song was written about. There were theories that it is symbolic of the biblical Lake of Fire, and it was noted there is an actual Fire Lake in Iron County, Michigan (the state where Seger grew up), as well.

Seger eventually stated that it is about a lake in Michigan called Silver Lake. He told Toledo Free Press in March 2011: “It was written about Silver Lake in Dexter, about being in the Pinckney-Hell-Dexter area.”

Ahem.

There’s a Fire Lake a few miles outside Anchorage, Alaska too. Not that I think he was singing about that one, but it’s what I always think of when I hear the song. It has a float plane airport on the far side, and the near side’s where the teenagers back in the day (1970s) used to go to swim, drink beers, and party on the beach…

You are reaching so much. Are you really that superstitious?

Maybe more to it then you realize. :wink: Cake could be explained better, if you realize that.
Edgar Buchanan - Wikipedia <<Uncle Joe
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=63890308 << Read it real close.
There is much to learn, if you listen, and give it some time.

I see interpretation of pop song lyrics as being like a Rorschach test. It says a lot more about the interpreter than the lyricist. :smiley:

A lake on fire? Who’s to say other than Bob Seger? Ask him.

Seger’s explanation. I didn’t know the Eagles provided backing vocals.

And Wipeout. What’s the deal there?