What is the Ultimate Feel-Good Song?

I had no idea who this was when I clicked the link. This song absolutely wins for feel-good song. Unlike a lot of the others there is no layer of excitement or melancholy, or any other concept other than relaxed good-feeling.

There have been some great suggestions. My first thought was “Walking on Sunshine” but to add something new, how about “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” (Monty Python).

Apparently weird things make me feel good, but I find it hard not to move multiple body parts, sometimes even in sync, when I hear (and see them).

Call me a hole - pomDeter (hell, many of his mashups on SoundCloud, such as his Eddie Money/Marvin Gaye joint, make me happy)

A little less conversation - Elvis vs. Junkie XL

September - Pomplamoose (I know some of you don’t like the female singer, but oh my, GO GRANDMA!)

Little L - Jamiroquai

Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine

And finally, the nonexistent, four minute version of Tea for the Tillerman - Cat Stevens.

Happy, sappy, lyrical songs make me miserable.

If I need a cheer up, give me a perfectly played instrumental:

** The Jitterbug Waltz**, performed by Scott Hamilton works well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy8bx1C81OY

And if feel the urge to get off my ass and conquer the world, Beethoven’s Ode to Joy at least gets me out of my pajamas.

Okay, I’ll confess to one sappy, happy little tune Everything is Beautiful by, of all people, Ray Stevens. Ugh, I hate myself for liking that.:mad:

“Theme from The Muppet Show”

“I Saw Her Standing There”

“Run Rudolph Run” aka “Run Run Rudolph”

“Surf City”

“Roll Over Beethoven” (ELO cover)

“I got the world on a string” sung by 'ol blue eyes.

I love that song. Only knew Frente from their (excellent) cover of Bizarre Love Triangle, but that is awesome.

For something more current, I’m really liking Pharrell’s Happy (off the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack.) It’s definitely feel-good.

One of my guilty pleasures. Pure fluff, but it takes me back to junior high, when I actually was foolish enough to believe that I had, you know, a life worth living, all spread out before me and just waiting for me to enjoy it?

Hoo, boy; if only I knew then what I know now… :frowning:

THE COWSILLS I LOVE THE FLOWER GIRL -OFFICIALLY TITLED: THE RAIN, THE PARK AND OTHER THINGS. - YouTube *

The song is The Rain, the Park, and Other Things*, aka I Love the Flower Girl, by the Cowsills.

“They Ain’t Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore” - Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys. Amazing how a song about a bar fight can change my 'tude for the better.

I will also second the previous nomination of “Ode to Joy”.

This one by the great Roy Orbison. Takes me back to my year abroad while in grad school:

- YouTube *

*You Got It.

This one almost restores my faith in mankind:

Stand By Me Music Video - YouTube *

*Stand by Me, Ben E King.

If you really want to cheer yourself up though, watch the interpretive dance version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZwcXYZenX0

My Girl- The Temptations

Yeah, I listened to this song for a few hours in a row while watching this 24-hour video, and never got tired of it.

Joy To The World. No, not the Christmas carol; the one about making sweet love, and drinking some mighty fine wine, and pointing out that JEREMIAH WAS A BULLFROG!

No love for Tequila?

Oooooh, yeah!

Pee Wee Herman - Tequila - YouTube :smiley:

When I was little it was “You Lift Me Up” by The Thompson Twins.

Right now it’s “Safe and Sound” by Capital Cities.

I need to hang my head in shame over this one :o
but it is happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

The Archies

It’s a Beautiful Morning

OMG, I think we are twins separated at birth, I THOUGHT THE SAME THING ABOUT THIS SONG! Too embarrassing to go into, but I lived right near a park, and this one and “Itchy-Koo Park” …:slight_smile:

My feel-good song is “Do You Love Me” by The Contours. Now that I can dance…:slight_smile: