What is your favorite live music recording

Marshall Tucker Band’s 24 Hours at a Time - Where We All Belong album. Its a great representation of the Southern Rock era without being overly electric and a bunch of great solos. I’m sorry I never got to see them live.

Excellent choice. I saw them in '73 at Winterland (not the same gig as the Way Out West album, but still a great show)

3 more to start October:

Alice Phoebe Lou - She. By far my very favorite APL song and my favorite rendition.

Frank Zappa - Inca Roads. Released in October 1982 as part of the video The Dub Room Special, this was actually recorded in August 1974. It has always been my favorite rendition of this song; Bruce Bickford’s claymation is a huge bonus for the eyes, too.

The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go?. Live at Shea Stadium, 12 October 1982; live rock ‘n’ roll doesn’t get any better than this.

Dire Straits Alchemy was already mentioned upthread, so I’ll add Dire Straits Live In Sydney from 1986, this one includes the full concert video. Pure unadulterated rock 'n roll:

If you only have time to listen to and watch one song, make it "Tunnel Of Love" starting at around 1h 38m. And for classical - Allegri's **Miserere Mei Deus** from The Sixteen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcWo1hKHu40

Peter Gabriel In Your Eyes from the Secret World Live tour.

J Geils Give It To Me and Whammer Jammer from Blow Your Face Out.

Jethro Tull, “One Brown Mouse,” from Bursting Out!
Nirvana, “All Apologies,” from Unplugged
Rolling Stones, “Love in Vain,” from Get Yer Ya Yas Out!
Grateful Dead, “China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider,” from Europe ‘72

Seconding Sam Cooke, “Bring it On Home to Me”