What is your favorite pizza style?

Me too. Just back from a drink with a friend from Salerno (about 50km from Naples) and he confirmed that Neapolitan pizza being slightly thicker than “standard” is correct at least for terminology in Italy. And of course that pizza from home it is the best thing ever, and people in other places don’t know how to do it properly etc etc. :slight_smile:

I love a good neapolitan pizza. Never a huge fan of pizza, my first ever job was at a PIzza Hut. But after Hubby and I spent 3+ years in Naples, american pizza majorly sucks.

There is a local chain called Elizabeth’s here in Greensboro, NC. The Lawndale location makes the best Margherita. The Battleground Ave location heading out of town comes in second.

If I have to eat American pizza it’s light sauce, thin crust, cheese, italian sausage, onion and mushroom. Sometimes switching out the onion for black olives.

Burned out on pepperoni aeons ago, and ads for ‘mega meat’ pizzas make ill.

I seem to recall years ago when we were on the South Beach diet, we made a kind of low carb pizza with the crust made from shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid, mixed with …gosh, I can’t remember, flour, baking powder? topped with tomato sauce and cheese, and it was very tasty indeed! Wish I still had the recipe because the zucchinis are going to come flooding in pretty soon.

It really depends on how hungry I am; if I’m not particularly hungry then I can go for months without eating pizza, but if I’m really hungry then the more pepperoni, bacon, chilli and red onion the better.

I appreciate any and all styles of pizza. As John Lennon said, we all shine on. My NYC-bred GF and I just got back from a long weekend in NYC; I put my Chicago-centric palate on hold and reveled in the joys of Famous Original Ray’s foldable pizza slices.

Homemade pizza can be fabulous. I use my old Italian mother’s homemade bread recipe to make the crust, roll it out to the thickness I’m craving at the moment, and top it as the moment moves me.

As for low carb pizzas, when I’m deep into the Atkins thing, I’ve been known to use slices of eggplant as a pizza crust. Just toast it first (like in a toaster oven) before putting it on a cookie sheet, topping it with sauce and cheese and “toppings” and then baking it as usual.

thin crust, ham & pineapple. lottsa cheese. :slight_smile:

some people call the ham “Canadian bacon” but it tastes like ham to me.

Let’s just say I was exceedingly disappointed to go back to a place I used to love when I was married and find they no longer made the deep dish, sauce on top, cheese underneath, spicy sausage in huge chunks pizza they used to make. I have no idea where I can even find such a thing in the twin cities anymore.

The first time I tried making pizza at home, it compared favorably to anything you got in a pizzeria.

I have a book of pizza recipes, which include making your own dough (it’s not that hard), but to save time, you can get pizza dough at the supermarket. Cover the dough with good tomato sauce, mozzarella, and whatever ingredients you want (tip: put the cheese on top of the other ingredients; they won’t burn as much that way).

I tend to prefer thin crusts instead of Neopolitan or Chicago style, but have no objection to the others in a pinch.

Thin crust, both crispy and foldy. Pepperoni, tomato chunks and bacon. Sausage is not unforgivable. Recent discoveries indicate that gluten-free will be the order of the day going forward, as apparently it wasn’t the tomato giving me problems. Dunno how I’m gonna work that. Time, and Google, will tell, I suppose, if it’s even possible.

I used to make a deep dish that was a little bit of heaven on Earth (for me and mine, anyway). All of the above, plus a little ground meat, with the top and bottom crust pre-cooked and joined last. Makes me want to cook one now. I still fondly recall Pizza Hut’s double-crust pizzas from the eighties, which inspired my Frankenstein creation above.

Thin crust. Cut in squares.

Triple anchovies.
Onions.
Banana peppers.

I love all kinds of Pizza. It is the perfect food. At the risk of being off topic I’ll tell you about the worst pizza i ever had. It was at my high school back in the late 60’s. Their pizza consisted of a tosted half of a regular hamburger bun with a drop of tomato paste and a slice of american cheese. Believe it or not most of the kids loved it. Criminal isn’t it?

Greek pizza is my favorite. Probably due to my love of feta cheese. :slight_smile:

Thin NYC style crust, spicy tomato sauce, mozzarella bubbly and browned. Toppings I like include mushrooms, peppers, onions.

As far a low-carb crust goes, I put sauce and cheese on a crust I made from the almond-flour cracker recipe. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t really pizza, either.

I don’t have a cast iron griddle big enough, or a pizza stone. I should get one I guess.

What I do to get a crust that is done is half bake it, after poking it all over with a fork, then take it from the oven, top with desired toppings and cheeses, then put it back in the oven until the cheese is as you like it.

My home made pizza may not be classic, but I like it. Sometimes I like a “supreme” with everything on it, and sometimes I like anchovy pizza. The latter is basically a cheese pizza with chopped anchovies mixed in with the cheese.

I switched to making my pizza crusts with chickpea flour (socca) and have not looked back.

Feta makes every pizza better and I’ve never had a quattro formaggi anywhere I didn’t like.

This is a subject very near and dear to me. I have worked for most of the major pizza chains in the US, and have sampled many, many “mom and pop” places in my state. It was part of my job.

I would have a very hard time picking one place or style because they are different enough to me, as to be different types of food almost.

I like Chicago style (I’ve paid through the nose to have them delivered frozen), New York style (which seems to be more regional pride than tastiness), Ohio style (which is usually heavy pepperoni with an oregano sprinkle, square cut), and the rectangular tart sauce that’s usually square cut in a pan.

If I had to choose a style it would be thin crust. As much as the crust taste can be really good, I like tasting the toppings more, usually.

I’m a carnivore, but the first time I ever had a pizza with spicy sauce, green peppers, onion, tomatoes (I’m picky about them) , feta and a Parmesan sprinkle, I was sold. Add chicken for the meat eaters and you have a winner.

I’m not gonna give an endorsement, but if anyone in northern Ohio sees this, …TP&C, let me know what you think.

(I know I use to many parentheses)

Thin crust with sausage. It must be from our great local pizzaria. My husband brought home Domino’s once. It was so disgusting we fed it to the cats. I have no idea how a bad chain survives in the heart of NJ Italian pizza country.

Whichever one is in front of me.

Beef and Sausage is my standard order. Beef, ham, and pineapple. Depends on my mood.

Standard crispy, thin crust.

I did like pan style years ago when Pizza Hut first introduced them. But, gave up trying to find a good pan style pizza anymore. Good pan style should be light and chewy crust. Not dense like a brick. I’m not sure, but doesn’t pan style require time for the dough to rise in the pan? I seem to recall they had to make up a bunch of pan style crusts ahead of time and then add the toppings & cook during the dinner rush.