What is your favorite sport?

I think Formula One is bigger than NASCAR, and boxing should probably make the top ten.

I voted for Football (soccer), obviously :cool:

I too am a little surprised at the lack of votes for basketball, but if I were speculating, I’d guess the following:

1. Sports wax and wane in popularity, and professional basketball’s popularity seems to be at a relative low these days, compared to, say, the Michael Jordan era; and
  2. Basketball isn’t as interesting to talk about as baseball or (American) football. There isn’t as much strategy, or as many different kinds of things that can happen during a game. The Game Room attracts people who like to talk about sports, not necessarily just watch them.

Tennis is the only sport I can stand. Not only can I stand watching it, I actively enjoy it. It seems to strike all the right balances to me. Baseball is a close second; I can have a baseball game on in the background and glance at it over time. I’ve tried getting into both football (soccer) and american football but I have found both totally impossible.

OK, I can imagine this… if you were there. Wow, dogs and sleds. Way cool. What beautiful dogs. And coming from Georgia, snow is exotic already.

And then I think, you are standing in the snow, the dogs run off and there you are.

Dogs and sled are elsewhere. You… ummmm… not with dogs or sled.

How the heck does this work as a fan of the sport?

I can totally understand if you are on the back of the sled. That sounds awesome.

Do they have a follow-cam of this?
If so, that sounds great.
If not… hey look something shiny… lets throw thi… NO I am not going to do that.

But, I just scanned the media, and dogsledding doesn’t seem to be up there, not even on ESPN3 (our motto: the lame sports nobody else covers).

So where the heck do you get coverage of this stuff? Mind you, I used to pay attention to the Iditarod a decade ago. We got occasional TV reports at 2 hour intervals. But, Jean and I knew a participant at the time. She didn’t win (or even come close) but she was a friend. The best info we got was (as I said) two hour updates on some weird cable channel. I don’t think it was ESPN. It probably was of the channels that ESPN kicked sand into the face of and stole their girlfriend. Those guys are bullies.

1. Baseball
  2. Baseball
  3. Hockey
  4. Lacrosse
  5. American Football
  6. Basketball (College)
  7. Everything else, meh
  8. Competitive knitting
  9. NASCAR

“That is why you do not see much scoring.
If you are a true soccer fan you would enjoy every move and counter move and the strategy - not the scoring.
I am not a fan.” – anonymous internet post

Actually the only Soccer I watch are World Cup series and Olympic games (Men and Women’s).

College football (Roll Tide!) followed by hockey.

Once you’ve watched Rugby Sevens, nothing else compares:

• continuous action
  • incredible fitness and stamina
  • amazing ball skills
  • on-field decision making
  • easy to follow

They even play it in the US:

Hockey! I like pro/college football almost as much.

Horse racing.

Another hockey vote. Really, nothing compares to the speed and excitement of hockey.

Football is good, but the problem is I don’t particularly care who wins, so I only watch it for idle entertainment.

Baseball is good, and so is golf, but only in a “Sunday afternoon with nothing to do” kind of way: which rarely happens. Rugby is in the same category.

I couldn’t watch two minutes of basketball, soccer, NASCAR, tennis or cricket.

Sorry this took so long…I was following the Yukon Quest and The Iditarod with my fellow fanatics at http://mushing.bssd.org/forum/

Watched the start…lots of of the middle and the finish of the Iditarod along with hearing the Iditarod “Mushers Banquet” live last night…The internet is an AMAZING thing! They have it on computers these days you know!

Do they play basketball all year or something? People as a whole never shut up about it.

If you asked my favorite to play:

1. Hockey
  2. Football
  3. Baseball
  4. Curling

If you asked my favorite to watch on TV or in person:

1. Hockey

2. MMA

3. Football

4. Baseball

Of course, this all depends on whether it’s a big rivalry, the playoffs, etc… I may not watch basketball religiously but I love March Madness as much as anyone.

My favorite sport is soccer. I have been follow the game for 8 years. Very exciting sport, and their pc game is also nice, FIFA, PES and etc.
I love basketball too, but the live games(NBA) are in the morning in Malaysia . So i have seldom chance to watch.

Think Maverick

Hockey

Better late than never.
Reported.