What is your Mt. Rushmore of food combos?

Cheese and onions :smiley:

Sushi and beer
Pizza and beer
Steak and zinfandel
Scrambled eggs & bacon with ICE COLD milk

grilled cheese and tomato soup
eggs and toast
beans and cornbread
meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Growing up in Salt Lake City, where in the 1970’s & 80’s the only authentic ethnic cuisine widely available was Mexican, (and without question, to my tastes, Salt Lake has some of the best Mexican food I have ever eaten, right alongside places like Southern California, Texas or even Mexico itself) and having lived here in Eastern Europe for going on the past 4 years, you have no idea how incredible a big bowl of warm, crisp tortilla chips and some honest-to-God, spicy, flavorful garden fresh salsa/pico de gallo tastes after going without for a while.

I swear, it seems like the entire continent of Europe is unaware of what good, simple, authentic Mexican food actually is, even in huge international cities that are world centers of gastronomy.

I’ll go with the above, and add corned beef and cabbage.
and -
Pierogies and kielbasa.

Corned beef hash and over easy eggs
Smoked pulled pork and coleslaw
Ribeye and baked potato
Grilled cheese and tomato soup

Fish and chips
Spaghetti and meatballs
Patty melt and fries
Red beans and rice

Spaghetti and meatballs
Peanut butter and jelly
Bacon and eggs
Fried chicken and cole slaw

Nm

Pimms and lemonade.
Chamapgne and caviar.
Champagne and profiteroles.
Champagne and strawberries.
Strawberries and cream.
Chips (fries) and Bearnaise sauce (Holland).

Oh, got one that hasn’t been mentioned that is a must on my Mt. Rushmore:

Shrimp and grits

Yes, but just-tahini has a very different taste and texture than tahini-that-has-been-made-into-hummus.

Chicken fried steak and gravy (white or brown)
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Sushi and miso soup
Corn chips and cheese dip

In case anyone thinks this is another ketchup-on-banana thing, it isn’t. It is a popular combo in New Orleans. I had never heard of it until a visit this past summer, but it is pretty widespread down there, and it is also mighty fine eatin’.

Chicken and waffles

Shrimp & Grits are extremely common all along the Gulf Coast and also up and down the Southeastern seaboard.

It is perhaps THE signature dish of costal South Carolina, available in fancy 5 Star fine dining restaurants and tarpaper beachfront seafood shacks alike.

Pairs well with cheap, cold beer, aa well as really cheap, cold beer…

peanut butter and bananas
lox and cream cheese on bagel
corn beef on rye bread
geschneltze leber zurcher art mit rosti

For whatever reason, this post reminded me. Also on my personal Mt. Rushmore:

chicken paprikash & galuska/nokedli/spaetzle. One of my go-to fall and winter dishes.

I guess you don’t know much about Mt. Rushmore.

Nominations closed.

Poll here.
mmm