What place in the lower 48 is farthest from a gas station?

I don’t think that is there any longer from recent (within 2 years) reports. Out in the middle you’d be 84 miles from the nearest sign of civilization other than the road itself. Not a safe trip to do in the height of summer, although the NHP does patrol it with aircraft to look for stuck motorists.

Texas is like Manhattan compared to central Nevada.

Right, but it’s next gas** in that direction**. The most recently passed gas station could be one mile back.

since the OP doesn’t specify “on a tarmac road” then surely the answer would be in the middle of a national park or desert, or possibly in the middle of a private ranch somewhere in Texas, Utah or one of the Dakota’s…

King Ranch.

Based on my experience, this gets a strong vote.

I think it’s Route 70 that cuts across Kansas to Colorado, and there are huge stretches of absolutely nothing on that road. No gas stations, no cows, nothing. Most boring stretch of road I’ve ever driven.

I think the OP needs to specify if we’re looking for the longest stretch of road without a gas station, or if we’re talking about the point as the crow flies that is furthest from a gas station.

Having lived in Wyoming…which can have long distances between stations…the above should beat anything in WY.

I was thinking of a different stretch of I-70 from Green River to Salina which is 105 miles with nothing but that’s been beat a couple of times now but is the longest I’ve seen.

The longest stretch of road was what I was looking for.

It changes periodically. It can be defined as wherever I’ve run out of gas.

It’s 150 miles along US-180 from El Paso to Carlsbad Caverns National Park, and IIRC, there’s nothing at all between those two points.

Per Yahoo, Winnemucca Nv to Lakeview Or is 211 miles. The sign, upon leaving north out of Winnemucca once said 172 miles to the next service. A couple of replies up post refer to a sign near the NV - OR border stating 100 miles to the next service. This is a good candidate for the OPs answer.

Duckwater, which is just outside of Currant has an airport and a gas station. (Or, did when I was there). It’s not on Route 6, but it’s just down the road from Route 6.

And if the gas station at the entrance to the park is closed, which eons ago I experienced, its another 10-30 miles to the actual town of Carlsbad.

I wonder about Alligator Alley (I-75) in Florida?

I know the western states would be farther but in states east of the Mississipi. I haven’t been on it in over 15 years but I think the road is like 85 miles and there are rest stops but I don’t know about gas stations

I just drove it. The longest distance between gas stations is around 30-40 miles.

well not in lower 48 but when i lived here 59 34n,108 37w it was more than a couple miles to the nearest anything. only a ice road in the winter :cool:

Yep, and I’ve driven it. Just exactly as exciting as you’d expect, and more than a little scary if you haven’t planned your gasoline level properly.

I haven’t driven that road, but I’ve driven from Winnemucca north to Jordan Valley and the problem isn’t that there aren’t any gas stations at all, it’s that Oregon has their stupid no self-serve law so most of the small town gas stations aren’t open past 8. At one point I ended up sleeping in my car for a few hours having to wait for the gas station to open in one of those little towns.