What the fuck is Sharon Stone doing? (Daily Show, 3/13)

And if you don’t know the difference between hyperbole and literality, let me just say i’m very glad you aren’t a teacher of reading comprehension.

I hereby formally aver, for the humor-impaired and the terminally obtuse, that i never meant to suggest that Sharon Stone is literally insane or suffers from a specific mental illness as listed in DSM-IV or any other recognised manual of psychological and psychiatric disorders.

Better?

Aside from massive megalomania, that is.

I saw in the headlines something like, “Sharon Stone in Israel” and thought that the story was that they’d erected some kind of monument to Coma Sharon.

But oh, how wrong I was.

The resemblances are uncanny:

• Both are somewhat attractive if you like that type
  • Neither is very bright
  • Both have had major disasters involving a camera
  • Neither has been on the cover of People lately

Hey! Me too!* I’m going to go home and tell my wife that I’m the American Princess Di and see what she thinks.

*If “that type” can include 50 lbs overweight and kind of hairy

Dude, relax. You were quoting a comment that was directed at someone else.

What’s funny about all this is that according to Sharon Stone herself, she’s a big time genius. Supposedly her IQ is 154.

Uh huh.

True enough. But as the OP, and the first person in this thread to describe her as “batshit insane,” i wanted to make clear that my use of such language was hyperbole.

Well, to be fair, i think it’s completely possible. A high IQ is no guarantee that someone isn’t a self-absorbed attention whore who makes stupid public statements.

I remember when she was dating Dwight Yoakam. In an interview, Yoakam talked about how intelligent she was (among other things).

When they broke up, I read another interview where he was still saying nice things about her. Stone referred to him as a “dirt sandwich.” I’ve never forgiven her for that. Don’t diss Dwight.

ok, so if we make it “I came in my face”. Is that supposed to be sexual? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Okay, that’s mean.

FUNNY as shit but mean.

Don’t forget her profession as “actress and noted vaginist”

Best line in weeks

It sounds sexual more than it means anything. Given her track record it was an easy yuk to go for and Stewart went for it…

Weellll, not to sound insensitive, but she did have a stroke a while ago - and a lisp is a common lingering symptom. Ok, I did want to sound insensitive, but only about Ms. Stone, not about other stroke victims.

I’ve always heard just how smart she is, but her movies suck.

I can’t find the video. Did they take it down?

Agreed.