What the Hell is going on in Florida?

Oh, good. It’s not just me then.

Not sure if this warrants its own thread or not, but in a related vein of paranoia:

FBI, cops track potential troublemakers at Republican convention

Now, someone jar my memory, but was something similar done for the Democratic National Convention last month? Or is this a tacit admission that more people are really pissed off at George than they are at Kerry?

Oooops, sorry. :slight_smile:

You usually have at your disposal at least one interesting anecdote, a soothing historical parallel for the shameful stuff we see today. I am racking my brain, but I think this Bush Brothers tag-team stompfest has no precedence. I was hoping that your recall to the halcyon 60s is not as debauch-clogged and hazy as you have alleged…

I think counterpoint to these election shenanigans is the seemingly limitless ignorance of Florida Governor Jeb Bush. That’s why I posted the news snippet about “shock and awe.” I have no faith in any “ballots” collected in his state and under his charge.

FTR guys…Buddy Dyer is a Democrat.

Just thought I’d point that out.

www.cityoforlando.net/elected/mayor/bio.htm

Well, that certainly clarifies…something. Note that both of Mr. Dyer’s children are described as “avid Little Leaguers”!

I’m sure someone will try to claim this is just a coincidence!

Well, then, ivylass, a protocol of random interrogations in a black neighborhood by law enforcement is certainly in order. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Look, all I’m pointing out is that Herbert’s editorial was rather biased (did you read the last paragraph) and I am reserving judgement until I get more information.

Which information? You have the information that the police are intimidating black voters. You have the information that they’ve lied about their reasons for doing so. Aside from having your Republican masters come out and say it on Faux news, what is it you’re waiting on?

If I’m following Ivylass correctly, she’s responding to our calls of shenanigans on Jeb by suggesting that Dems may be guilty of shenanigans themselves. She makes her case by pointing out that the loser in the Orlando mayoral election tried to accuse the winner (a Democrat) of voter fraud via absentee ballots. She is also suggesting that this may be the reason for state troopers rousting out randomly chosen elderly black folks and putting the screws to them about their voting histories.

Interesting theory except for the fact that the lawsuit was dropped, perhaps because the Florida Department of Law Enforcement- the same department which is currently interrogating Miss Jane Pittman in her living room- has already come to this conclusion about the allegations:

If the FDLE indeed believed that there is “no basis to support the allegations of voter fraud concerning these absenee ballots,” then why are harrassing retired people in the middle of their afternoon naps?

If the FDLE does not believe what it said it believes, then why did they say it? And also, if this is what they’re investigating, then why the secrecy?

I knew I forgot something!

These bozos pull so much bad shit that there’s just no way to keep track of it all anymore. Maybe we should put it all to music, perhaps an updated version of “We Didn’t Start the Fire”:

Richard Perle, neocons,
Rumsfeld’s in the Pentagon,
Office of Special Plans, Ahmed Chalabi

And so forth.

Why don’t you guys just relax? You’ve got it made, since if Kerry wins, he wins, and if he loses it’ll be because the five or six dozen conspiracy theories you’ve trotted out on this message board cheated him out of the election.

Me? Why, thank you for asking. I’m in a lose-lose situation. I don’t want either one of the sum-bitches to be President. I’m thinkin’ about writin’ in Cecil, or else Doggy Knees. :eek:

You could do worse. In fact, you probably have.

Go ahead. If I can somehow beat the drug tests and backgound check, I’ll appoint Noam Chomsky as my veep and then resign. Mu-A-HA-HA-HA-HA-A! :stuck_out_tongue:

Why yes, yes I have done worse. I voted for Nixon TWICE and Clinton TWICE. Slow learner, ain’t I?

Alright, besides John Mace and Sam Stone, is there a single conservative here who’s not some loud-mouthed hysterical kneejerk reactionary?

Yo, conservative but not incredibly insane over here. Or at least probably not insane. Because I’m finding myself repeating the same phrase over and over again. “You know, we could use a man like Mr. Nixon in the White House again. At least he knew what the hell he was doing.” At least Nixon worked hard, opened China, and brought our boys back from Vietnam. At least he was an openly sadistic bastard. At least he had a history in politics. Admittedly, it was in HUAC next to Tailgunner Joe, but he worked for what he got.

Anyone think I’m wrong, here? Not that I actually want his blackened soul back on earth, I just think he’d make a better president than the Bush we have. (I would pay thousands to get HW’s honest opinion on the job his son’s been doing. I’ve gotten odd comments now and again from him that suggest he’s not entirely pleased.)

To hell with the Moral Majority. They hijacked my party in the 80s. I want it back. I want it back now. Take back the right!

Sure, but I already chimed in on post #5. Thanks.

Why won’t the right just relax? You’ve got it made, since if Kerry wins you can say it’s because of Democratic illegalities and improprieties, but if Bush wins due to apparent illegalities and improprieties, all you have to do is wave the “conspiracy theory!” wand and all objections become tainted and suspect.

Quoting John Carter, natch.

Grr

You know, Nixon, for being a rather revolting person, was not a bad president at all. He did some pretty good things. And you know what else? I miss when the scheming and conspiring used to take place in backrooms - nowadays it happens in the Supreme Court chambers.