What to do when someone in your social group flaunts their flagrant violation of social distancing?

When it comes to infecting others, what you “feel” about the safety of others you come in contact with should come in second to what their own feelings are to their safety and what the actual facts are when it comes to how the virus is spread. Go have “feelings” about a sad movie-this is a real fucking pandemic.

Predictable reactions. Yep - folk like to express that they are smarter/better than others, and impose their values/calculations of risk on them.

Hell, you wanna tell a social acquaintance or family member you think they are acting improperly, go ahead.

Come back with an informed opinion, and I might listen to you.

Someone who has a strong opinion about not wearing masks and is doing something about it:

Preach it, brother! :smirk:

Wonder if he’ll refuse an oxygen mask.

Schrodinger’s Face Mask: Simultaneously too flimsy and porous to keep germs out or in; and yet such a powerful barrier that it keeps oxygen out and carbon dioxide in.

So he got Covid-19. Why did that happen? Whose fault is that? Who made him get sick? Who could it possibly be?

Could it be…

I usually don’t post anything bad about my husband. I try to think of him as my God… but let’s step back in time to 2 months ago.

At that time Iowa was kinda sorta locked down but not really. Businesses were shut down and, depending on your county, no gathering outside your household or less than 10 people gathered.

Mistermage stayed home 2 week-ends in a row. It just about killed him. He was going to work and doing the shopping but he was really missing “guy time” with his BFF. So that 3rd week-end he just had to go out to The Shop.

I wasn’t happy but I told him to social distance and/or wear his mask. His BFF has a job in the beer industry as in bars are part of his work day. While bars were shut down so no teeming masses … he was still in contact with the bar managers, owners etc. while doing maintenance. IOWs he was seeing a lot of people during the week so was being potentially exposed over and over.

6 hours later I drove to The Shop to pick hubby up… no drunk driving for him! As we were driving home he was laughing about this and that and said something about riding in the 4X4. Which means he and his buddy were practically rubbing hips let alone sharing air. They weren’t wearing masks. I was pissed.

Memorial week-end I picked him up and saw there were “guests” at The Shop. BFF’s adult step-kids and the lil grand daughter. And no masks nor social distancing happening. I was pissed.

Last week-end I went to pick him up and, again, there were “guests”. BFF’s girlfriend’s adult daughter and her new boyfriend. No social distancing, no masks. I was pissed.

He tried to say they were seated in a social distancing way but… if you can hand a beer easily … that’s not 6 feet. And they had 20 acres to be seated… why sit inside the freaking garage?

I told him I was done. No more mistymage uber action. If he couldn’t do 2 things to help with my health and welfare (social distance and/or wear a mask and wash your hands) then I was done being concerned about his health and welfare.

Last night he kinda expected me to pick him up. Nope. I told him those days are over, I told you that last week. He’ll just have to drink less or run the risk of dying drunk on the back roads… like his BFF’s wife did a decade ago.

We’re all high risk of dying if we catch Covid-19. Why he and his BFF are so cavalier about not doing the right thing, I don’t know. But until he really “gets it” I’m leaving his FF Home page set at the CDC page How to Protect Yourself and Others | CDC

He doesn’t know how to change it back to the regular Home page :smiley:

My spouse would be living in the garage and ordering out for food if that happened.

We can also have each person make their decision as to how much is too much to drink before getting behind the wheel.

Anyone who objects is just someone who likes to criticize other people’s choices and actions.

It’s like after you take a dump in the middle of the restaurant dining room, and then laugh at the predicable reactions of folk expressing that they are better than you.

If we are not a social acquaintance or family member, who are we to tell someone where it is appropriate to defecate?

BTW, this same woman has now been insisting (on the fricking Triple Nine Society discussion board–I have got to think she must have cheated somehow to get in) that “all the evidence proves masks don’t work”. Did I mention she lives in Florida? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think a lot of the people in TNS who were saying I was too harsh toward her are now regretting having been even partly in her corner.