What was this Sesame Street Skit? Overwrought classical music, satellites, stars, no

When I read the OP the description of the music made me think of the William Tell Overture AKA The Lone Ranger theme.
But I don’t recall the video at all.

jayjay that is the one I was thinking of, but I’m almost certain I’ve seen the one the OP is thinking of, and the others mentioned here too. I loved all the details in the “number 12” counting animation, there was always so much going on in the backgrounds, that I wanted to watch it again to see what else was there.

What’s really neat about it is that it’s the Pointer Sisters, which I never knew!

I am now using my one bump in hope of an answer.

Can you try to describe the music more?

Was it fast or slow?

Was it a piano or an orchestra?

Did it sound like 200 people playing or more like 40?

Slow, and a piano. I think. It was about 20 years ago, fyi.

Whatever it was you ain’t gonna see it anymore. Now Sesame Street is All Elmo, All The Time.

Otherwise known as $e$ame $treet.

:rolleyes: Ok, I get it. You don’t like it has become. Now, back to the topic, I have been googling this again, and I have found the following Stump the Shark entry:

I am going to email him for more info, and point him towards this thread, and also search under this term, “1-2-3”, and see what I get.

oh god i remember that skit…
and someone later described it to a “T”.
it was like they were building the spaceship.

I have been browsing seasame street fan sites, and no luck so far. However, I have found some amusing links.

Hooperfan’s homepage

http://www.code7r.org/inquiz/0602/koshss1bwr.htm

I have spent way to much time on this, and I found some more info on it. Sesame skit with balls on chrome tracks It is dowloadable off a variety of p2p programs, under god knows what name, it used to be avalible on the web, but the link has gone down, it is avalible on the Learning About Numbers, and it was made by frank oz.

http://www.ninjabynight.com/rc123.JPG

At the Museum of Science and Industry here in Chicago, there is a wonderful device called the Jollyball. It’s a huge marble maze built originally for the Swiss Tourism Board. The marble travels through the sights of Switzerland. This thing is hypnotic and I totally want it. (They said no. I suppose it’s too big for my apartment anyway.)

Anyway, I couldn’t figure out how to describe it to my friend awhile ago. I ended up singing “ONE twothree FOUR FIVE sixseveneight NINE TEN eleven twelve” to her, adding “one of THOSE! But bigger!”

She knew exactly what I meant. Yay! I love Sesame Street.

That is probably the reason I have a Big Ball Factory.

I know exactly what you mean because I’ve seen that contraption myself. I even videotaped it in action!

Thanks so much jayjay for the link to www.milkandcookies.com! I’ve just spent a very pleasant afternoon looking through it. I just love the Gerald McBoing Boing cartoon. So many neat clips!

I believe there were different versions of the sketch (maybe with different numbers). I recall one version did end with the ball ending up to be a cherry on top of an ice cream cone, which a small girl then ate.

I also seem to remember another version where the red powder was added to a glass of water and mixed like Kool Aid before a boy drank it.

I recall something similar on “Sesame Street”, with music from the overture to Stephen Sondheim’s “A Little Night Music”.

Pardon my flippancy, but I feel I must point out that perhaps the Sesame Street generation doesn’t need LSD or acid trips?

The descriptions of these clips is pyschodelic-no mind altering needed. Remember crazy little super guy? (or something like that)–guy was a transfer on a plastic cup and zoomed around the kitchen doing I forget what…

(I loved Electric Company, myself–Morgan Freeman was great!)

Remember the silhouetted heads that would say “d”; “ock” “dock”? and stuff like that? Loved that!

That was Electric Company. Remember “Spider-Man! Where are you comin’ from? Spider-Man! Nobody knows who you are!” And “What about…Naomi?” And “HEY! YOU GUUUUUUUYSS!!”

I loved EC…