What was your hobby as a child you still do now?

I’m a congenital Record Geek.

Got my first three 45’s when I was seven or eight:

“Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu” (Domenico Modugno)

“Rock A Bye Your Baby” (Jerry Lewis)

“Teddy Bear” (Elvis Presley)
53 years later I still have two of them (my Mother “borrowed” the Elvis about 40 years ago), along with several thousand 45’s, LP’s, and CD’s. I’m still collecting. As always, acquisitions are for listening purposes; I’ve never acquired anything just to own it, or for collectability value.

Also a lifelong camper. First camping trip at age nine with the Y Indian Guides; camping and backpacking in the Boy Scouts from age 11 through 16; boat camping in the Sea Scouts age 16-18. Met and married my lifetime camping buddy at 19. We were hardcore backpackers for a dozen years, then spent the next 27 as canoe campers, sleep-on-the-ground jeep campers, and 4x4 truck with full camper campers. A couple of years ago, age and laziness led us to our most recent conversion into travel trailer campers.

Interested in herpetology.
Collect pocket knives.

This is a timely thread, as I’ve been trying to encourage my 11 year old to take up some hobbies. Mine continue to be reading, playing musical instruments, writing, drawing house plans, word puzzles, gardening, and daydreaming. I’m also one who graduated from dollhouses to Sims.

If reading counts, that’s all I got.

That’s plenty. I’d say it counts.

Reading. I started collecting miniature things as a child. I’m not real strict about it, things don’t have to be a certain scale or anything. My only rules for my collection are it has to be smaller than it’s meant to be, and it pleases me.

Ooo whatcha got knife-wise? I used to collect with my dad - Case, Remington, Russell…

Nothing exciting. When I was a kid I started with the kind of stuff a 12 year old can afford…stuff from the hardware store or K-mart. Since the internet and Ebay I’ve bought a lot of stuff that I wanted back then but didn’t have the dough for.
I do have a nice little selection of Benchmade folders. I also like USA made Old Timers and Uncle Henrys and USA Gerbers. I tend toward large, locking, single blade folders. None of my stuff would be of much interest to serious collectors because I don’t *really *like them until I’ve carried/used them enough to get some carry wear and patina. None of that minty fresh, still in the original wrapper stuff for me!

I started bowling when I was 12 and playing guitar when I was 15. I’m still at them.

Let’s see, …peeing my pants. Enjoyed it when I was a kid and now belong to a nifty club.