What was your worst haircut?

Self-inflicted reverse mohawk

I gave myself a buzz cut with clippers and a number four blade.
I took the blade off to trim my sideburns.
I noticed I had some uneven hair in the middle of my head.
Forgetting that I had taken the number four off, I dragged the clippers over the center of my head.
The result was a number four buzz cut with a big bald stripe going down the center of my head.

Since you can’t glue it back on, I had to go with a zero all the way around, or go bald. This lead to two observations. You must be a very good looking man to go with a zero cut. I am not a very good looking man.

Mid-'80’s, I am in my early 20’s and spiky hair is coming into fashion. I get a cut that, at the time, I thought was modern and cutting edge. 10 years later it dawns on me that this cute (buzzed sides, a little like a pineapple on top) was the reason I was getting no dates at the time. Nobody would have assumed I was a straight female with that do.

This one.

When I was in my early 20s, twenty years ago, my mother somehow managed to convince me to get a perm. I have fine, straight hair. Well, off I went to the hairstylist, and got the perm. It looked stupendous, for about a day. Then it began to straighten out. It did this more every day, until it was either get it all cut off or go back for another $60 perm job. After the second time, I said “screw it.” Then it took about 9 months for my hair to straighten out again, during which time I looked awfully strange. I wore a hat much of the time. Never again!

When I was about 8, my mom decided she’d save a few bucks (we needed every buck we could save) and cut my hair herself.

For assistance, she placed a bowl over my head as a guide.

:eek:

Even my best freind teased me. He sold tickets 10 cents to view the freak show that was my head.

My aunt’s hairdresser friend took pity on me and agreed to “do what she could” to “de-Moe” my hair.

One time I ended up with a pseudo-mullet.

My hear was getting pretty long (not really long, but long considering I usually go with a crew cut), so I went in to get a trim. They trimmed the front and sides but didn’t touch the back…this resulted in the effective equivalent of a mullet :eek:

For some reason I once decided it would look great to have only my bangs permed and the rest left long and straight. I thought I was cool. :cool:

a very cool poodle

Well, I didn’t get to cut my own hair as a kid, although once my mom caught me on the bathroom counter, sizing up my hair with the fingernail scissors. I’d been bugging her since yesterday for a haircut, and if she wasn’t going to get with it, I was going to do it.

But my second brother didn’t get caught. He dove right in, and the results were what you’d expect from a 4-year old (I think he was). He must have had five different lengths, and the shortest I think was in the middle. My mom broke down and took him to the barber, even though it galled her to pay for it when she was used to cutting our hair.

About a month later, he got a buzz cut.

A lesson learned: When asking for a #3 clipper attachment, the metal version is shorter than the plastic version. too short.

I have long hair. It ends about four inches above my butt, and is very straight and fine. It’s also healthy, as I never blowdry or use any products, and condition daily.

That said, when I moved to a new city, I decided to get a haircut. Nothing big, just trim the ends and give the sides a little bit of layer action. Every layer would be long enough that I could still ponytail it.

The random hairdresser that I called to make an appointment with turned out to have the nastiest, most over-processed hair I’ve ever seen. She wanted to wash my hair (I generally looove this!), but didn’t remove the giant hairball from the drain in the wash sink, so I refused. Her fingernails were scarily long, as well. Youch!

So she started cutting my hair. No big deal, she was just doing the back and saving the sides for last. Just as she is getting to the sides, her fiance walked in, looked at me, and said,“Wow, you have beautiful hair.” He then turned to the hairdresser and said, “Why don’t you have hair like that?”

snip went the scissors. She cut off at least two years of hair growth on the side of my head, from the front of my hair to the back of my ears. One solid cut, all the way across.

The next time I got my hair cut, I went to my old standby in my parent’s hometown. He asked me what I wanted done with my hair, and I told him I wanted the terrible haircut fixed (I had grown it out for several months), he said that he had wanted to say something about the horror of the haircut, but hadn’t wanted to offend me if I had requested such an atrocity.

When I was eight, I begged and begged for my mom to let me get my hair cut short. I finally got my way (after a horrible year with a dutchboy, blech) and I’ve kept it short ever since.

I had straight hair. Bone straight with a tiny cowlick in the front. Cute.

I hit puberty one day, after a particularly short haircut. It turned curly overnight, literally. I was Pat from SNL.

My hair grows extremely fast, and I don’t really care all that much one way or another most of the time, so I can go for a time between cuttings. I ususally go to places like supercuts - I don’t want a personal relationship with my hair-cutting person, I just want my hair to be shorter. This usually produces pretty good results.

This one time, however, I got a woman who had been out of the hair cutting business a good 20 years while she raised her children, and was just getting back into it. That day. I was probably the third person in her chair. It had been several months since I’d gotten a trim, so I was a bit on the shaggy side.

At first she ooohed and ahhed over my hair, which I’m used to. Then she said she didn’t want to cut any of it because it was so pretty. I’m a guy, I don’t want pretty hair. Then she started talking about making shorter in front and on the sides, but leaving the nice hair in back, and I realized she wanted to give me a mullet.

I convinced her not to do that, so she used the clippers in the back like they normally do.

She took forever, but never really got around to trimming my bangs, which were so long that I could pull them down past my nose. Instead, she said “I love your bangs, I don’t want to cut them, let’s just put some gel in there and have them swoop off to the side!”. Whatever, I just wanted to leave, so I let her do it.

I got home and discovered that she’d given me a Hitler haircut. It was mostly short with a big swoopy lump of bangs that went off to the side. If I’d had a little moustache, I’d have been a dead ringer for Hitler. It was terrible.

I went to a different Supercuts and had the person there fix it.

When she was 7 or 8, my sister got a comb tangled up in her hair so badly that she and Mom couldn’t get it out. So Mom cut it out of her hair, and tried to even the rest of it up. It still didn’t look right, so Mom took her to a hairdresser. The hairdresser, upon seeing her hair, asked “Did she try to cut it herself?” I don’t remember what Mom answered to that…