[QUOTE=Der Trihs]
Can you give me the memories of your last vacation in perfect fidelity ? Can you really communicate how something smells to me, unless I’ve smelled it myself ? There are lots of things that speech and vision do badly, if at all.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, Ok, you’re talking about “Lossless” transmission
Fascinating. Although I am sure that a TV screen would have been just as good and cheaper. Not as jazzy, though.
And BrainGlutton’s idea ain’t that bad either. A Blowj-o-matic 3000. Insert quarter here and penis there. Heck it could even be on a push cart “for the man who needs to come on the go”
[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
If the robot could actually be a hooker, that would be the most important technological development in the next 50 years.
[/QUOTE]
This is an argument in favor of nanotechnology being the most important. When the robot is configured on the molecular level, then it will be possible to simulate Kegel motions with a realistic, or hyperrealistic level of intensity.
[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
Actually, what we need is an Infinite Improbability Drive.
[/QUOTE]
I’d be happy if I could just get the Nutrimatic Drink Dispenser to stop giving me unpalatable sludge that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
Seeing as how GW Bush not only was elected president but RE-elected for a second term, I’d say someone already has an infinite improbability drive out there somewhere…
[QUOTE=xtisme]
Seeing as how GW Bush not only was elected president but RE-elected for a second term, I’d say someone already has an infinite improbability drive out there somewhere…
[QUOTE=xtisme]
Seeing as how GW Bush not only was elected president but RE-elected for a second term, I’d say someone already has an infinite improbability drive out there somewhere…
[/QUOTE] The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.[right]–The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy[/right]