What will Obama do after his presidency?

What every ex-President does… write another book or two, some speaking engagements here and there to remind people he’s still alive and add to his already vast wealth, and enjoy his fat mountain of cash.

Wouldn’t you?

I didn’t even know George Clinton was interested in politics.

Heck, he even outlined his potential cabinet in “Chocolate City.” Granted, it will need some revising since his Secretary of the Treasury (Rev. Ike) and Minister of Education (Richard Pryor) are gone now, but still…

Wasn’t he Lord Speaker, or was it Speaker of the House of Commons?

Shodan stole my answer. Of course he’ll write another book. They all write books.

And that would be the sentiment Inigo was hoping against.

Yes. When people started asking if Bill Clinton might become Secretary-General I thought there was an official on-the-books rule against it, but there isn’t. But the security council nations can veto a candidate, and for a long time, there has been an unofficial rotation of continents - Kofi Annan is from Africa and it was understood the next secretary (Moon) was almost certainly going to be Asian. Somebody would have to give up their turn for Obama to have a chance.

Is South America next in the rotation?

“Would you like fries with that?”

I don’t really think Obama or any other ex-President would want the Sec-Generalship. Its a job where

a) everyone blames you when ever anything horrible happens anywhere in the world and
b) your powers to actually do anything about said horrible things is limited to making minor changes in how UNICEF aid money gets distributed.

Its the kind of job that can only make you look worse.

Also, I don’t think there is a “rotation”. Africa had the post twice in a row before the current (Asian) occupant