What would an American "civil war" look like?

Very, very well put. (I would also have mentioned gerrymandering as part of that “procedural war”.) And factor onto that the simple fact that the trump administration hasn’t spent dime one of the monies allocated by Congress to shore up the integrity of our election processes invites the conclusion that further such interference is welcome at the top.

Oh brother. Look, if you’re really worried, I can help hook you up with property in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. It’s fucking beautiful. It’s like Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom. Best fly fishing on earth. Friendly people, amazing scenery, only a few hours from metro Halifax…you interested? I’ll help hook you up. I’m a real estate broker and while my license isn’t valid in Canada, I bet I’d at least get a referral fee. Interested? Here is a picture I took of the Margaree River two years ago. How could you say no to that? And the best part is, no more Donald Trump!!

Progressives won the first Civil War. If Lincoln were alive today, he would be a democrat. There is no rational argument for him being a republican.

You’re missing a critical point, though: the left gets the scientists. Your military background won’t be worth shit when you’re suffocating in a cloud of sarin gas while your children are munching on some anthrax laced cookies. The occasional dirty bomb here and there should move things along. Really, the only worry is protecting the crops until we can enslave some survivors in MAGA hats for farming duties.

Lol. How “progressive” is it to use biological, chemical, and radioactive weapons? And slavery? Tsk tsk. Say goodbye to your flag and street names in 2118.

But I think your premise is incorrect. There is a difference in quality between engineers and womyn’s study-ologists.

I’m sure engineers will make useful slaves. Don’t forget we also get the tech elite. It will be Silicon Valley expertise versus a bunch of goobers with tin cans, string and AOL.

Oh come on. It’s not like I’m a fan of the type of people you’re referring to, but the ability of rural Americans to adapt and improvise and build things in a pinch is pretty superlative. I know a conservative Republican dude who lives on a gigantic sprawling ranch and he can build, from shit lying around on his property, pretty much anything you can imagine. Of course, he also holds a degree in engineering - but if you think there aren’t many rural and conservative people who do, you’re very badly mistaken.

You guys do realize that in all likelihood you’re having this increasingly ugly conversation, on a national holiday of unity no less, because of some bullshit that Alex Jones has been shoveling?
Just checking… Carry on if you like.

I’ll let you think about that reply carefully.:dubious:

Fair point. I’m out for now.

Happy Independence Day everyone!

What the hell would you know about political discourse, philosophy, social trends, or anything generally relating to intelligent discourse? What are you, enlightened?

Yeah, you’re right. I tried it on, but there is no way progressives could be as savage, violent and depraved as an army of Trumpies. :smiley:

Happy Independence Day everyone!

We are trying to get a box of silver foil blankets to you. Running the blockade is iffy or a good day. Keep your head down.

Yeah, they do need to be involved for it to be something that the label ‘civil war’ is appropriate for. If there isn’t a group pushing for control of the central government, major concessions from the central government, or secession, then what you have isn’t a civil war, it’s just some unrest. What you’re describing sounds a lot more like the riots and such we had in the 1960s, and if the level of violence goes back to what it was in the ‘swinging 60s’ it’s not great but hardly the end of the country.

Why are people even talking about a ‘red state’ civil war in this thread? Republicans have most of the state legislatures, national congress, and the presidency in their pocket. I mean, why would you start a civil war for control of the country when you HAVE control of the country in the first place? It’s just bizarre.

Dearest wife,
Quick thinking saved my platoon today from the Red Hats as we erected a barrier out of Hillary’s e-mails, since they still can’t seem to get over them. War is Hell.

#secondcivilwarletters

That’s some funny shit, right there :slight_smile:

I think most of this discussion is missing something important: a civil war will need an Archduke Ferdinand, a Reichstag Fire, or some similar spark that touches everything off.

What would happen if Barack Obama were assassinated? What if the culprit were apprehended at Trump pardoned him/her?

Or forget Obama. What if Maxine Waters were assassinated? She has received death threats. She has dared them to come at her. Trump was quick to get Secret Service protection for Sarah Sanders after she was quietly asked to leave a restaurant. Waters does not have similar protection. What do you suppose would happen if Trump’s indifference (or perceived indifference) would be seen as leading directly to Waters’ death?

What if Trump himself were assassinated? What if the culprit were (or believed to be) a Clinton friend? What conspiracy would Hannity be spewing to his followers? What actions would he suggest his followers undertake? What if Trump died suddenly of natural causes? Would Trumpers actually believe it was natural and not some left-wing conspiracy?

History is replete with small, seemingly insignificant events having large, long-lasting consequences. For example, it seems clear to me that the most significant factor involved in bringing Trump to the White House was the death of Beau Biden. Had that not happened, or happened at a different moment, we would have President Joe Biden today.

Murders are generally prosecuted at the state level, so Trump couldn’t pardon the murderer. I suppose a Republican governor could but that seems less likely than Trump doing so.

wed end up like Somalia unless Canada or mexico sent in troops …… hundreds of petty gangs supporting mafia type of warlords………

Have they got WiFi there? How bad are the winters?

How hard is it too immigrate and how soon are immigrants eligible for healthcare?