What You Get When You Pour Molten Aluminum Into An Ant Hill

I absolutely have to get me one of those!!

I can absolutely live without one of those!!

Kind of looked like The Umbrella corporation’s underground facility. (From Resident Evil)

Seriously? It (a) stayed molten in the truck while being transported and (b) wasn’t an unbelievable hazard to have on the highway?

Concidering the microscopic view point of the ant, that was nuking them from orbit

I can’t seem to understand why the majority of people have no moral or ethical obligations to this. Vermin or not, they’re living creatures. They don’t have a right to live and exist because we say so?

Some of us believe that the ant isn’t able to understand suffering or cruelty. It would be akin to harvesting wheat, or turning off a computer.

Entomologists, correct us if we’re wrong.

I had a chicken sandwich for lunch, which means that everyone in the supply chain (me included) decided that the chicken didn’t have a right to live. I was hungry, so I paid (albeit indirectly) to have a chicken killed for my lunch.

If I’m OK with killing innocent chickens for lunch, why would you be surprised that I’m not bothered by someone killing pestilent ants, and making art in the process?

Are you disturbed by the manner of their death (contact with molten metal), or merely the fact that they’re being killed? Do you tend to stare in horror as your neighbor saturates a yellowjacket nest with permethrin, leaving its residents writhing uncontrollably on the ground?

I was uncomfortable with it until I learned that they were fire ants. You don’t want those things anywhere near your property.

Surprising amount of Antropocentric viewpoints in this thread!

Yes. It’s one of the perks of being at the top of the food chain. Also, since morality is a concept made up completely by us, it seems only logical that we get to decide whether or not such creatures should have the privilege of existing alongside us humans.
ETA: After posting this, I went to look up anthropocentric, as I’m not familiar with this word. Considering the above post, that’s pretty damn funny.

Sorry too busy humming.

I can’t stand the thought of killing innocent microbes. So I no longer use mouthwash. Or hand soap. Or heat my food. etc.

I have a clear conscience. I don’t know how you ant murderers live with yourselves. Life is precious!

And the native ants they are killing and displacing? Do they not have a right to exist?

Boo!

If you’ve ever been playing football as a kid and landed in the mound of the little bastards, the sentiments in this commercial are 100% on target.

“You cannot rehabilitate a fire ant.”

How would one be able to get 20 pounds of aluminum to melting point (1221ºF)? I assume a propane turkey fryer burner would be insufficient.

This is why I don’t eat or drink anything but water and why I hate vegetarians of all stripes. They’re all hypocrits. They say, “Oh, life is precious and you meat eaters should be ashamed of yourselves.” Yet they are perfectly happy and proud of themselves for murdering all those plants. :dubious:

Perfect username/post combination: eBay seems to have yanked that item.

Yes Seriously, we shipped out Molten Aluminum. They had to be delivered in two or three hours for it to stay molten.

They have done it Canada too. In winter.

Well, this looks like the one in the video. It sold for $250.00