What's it like to live in Dublin?

Irishgirl, you drink in Reynards? You try to get into the VIP area!

:stuck_out_tongue:

There are plenty of good schools in the area’s I mentioned, you wouldnt have to worry about sending them to expensive private schools (unless you want to, of course :wink: )

heheh Dominican College goes easy on the theology?
In your dreams irishgirl :wink:

I don’t know of any catholic girls schools in the dub 9/11 area (postal areas around DCU) that go easy on the religion thing… Obviously if your kids aren’t catholic they get to skip religion class, they also get to skip class masses, prayer at the beginning of class etc. There is usually also a majority of lay teachers, but chances are they will have at least some classes run by nuns (or priests or whatever), and all the nun-teachers I have had to do with have been insane. Perhaps insane is taking things a little far, but yes I feel that my education suffered in the classes taught by nuns. Apart from in one class, but that nun had a habit of groping, so I guess the distraction of keeping my eyes in the back of my head might have been detrimental to my classwork…

Sorry, don’t even get me started on my experiences with the irish educational system :smiley:

As far as the areas mentioned in the same post (sorry, don’t mean to be picking on you irishgirl), forget about malahide, donnybrook, ballsbridge and blackrock, you might as well commute from the UK. Drumcondra is a grand suggestion, as is the eastern part of glassnevin and also santry, all of which are walking distance from DCU, or at least biking distance. If money isn’t too much of an object I would suggest Griffith Ave. or hmm… is it Ballymun road? Where the back entrance to DCU is and the park?

Well, it’s the classic small town USA experience, and with Smithville only a few miles away, you have most of the conveniences we all need - more restaraunts, department stores and the like, and Fort Worth is about an hour away, so you wouldn’t be completely cut off from civilization. Of course, the best thing about Dublin is the Dr Pepper bottling plant, where they use real sugar instead of corn syrup and the drink tastes the same as it did when your grandparents were kids! Tasty stuff, and very different from the soft drink as it is today…

Oh, you meant Dublin, Ireland? Sorry. We were in Dublin, Texas a couple of weeks ago, guess I got confused…